: 2.0 auto hesitation

bluhaven
01-18-13, 04:09 PM
I have a 2.0 auto and I notice when taking off from a light it will hesitate from the 1,2 shift, it almost feels like a manual trans.shifting, I can also notice it even more so if your slowing down for a turn and then while giving it throttle it well hesitate, rpm's do not climb, just like bogging with a carburated car. This is happening at part throttle. Anyone else notice this? Within the 1st 90 days my dealer wants us to bring the car in for any concerns so we'll see what they have to say at the time.

Kevin

Bertha D Blues
01-18-13, 08:10 PM
Same engine and trans here. No hesitation for me.

zr1mom
01-18-13, 08:29 PM
Yes I do feel it sometimes as well happen today when I went to change lanes and accelerated there was a hesitantion.

blue_skies
01-20-13, 11:09 AM
I have a 2.0 auto and I notice when taking off from a light it will hesitate from the 1,2 shift, it almost feels like a manual trans.shifting, I can also notice it even more so if your slowing down for a turn and then while giving it throttle it well hesitate, rpm's do not climb, just like bogging with a carburated car. This is happening at part throttle. Anyone else notice this? Within the 1st 90 days my dealer wants us to bring the car in for any concerns so we'll see what they have to say at the time.

Kevin

Try a more aggressive right foot. This may just be the PAL algorithm. I have noticed that it responds very well, if your foot is aggressive. It is also sensitive to centrifugal forces, as in cornering.

If you drive 'sedated', it goes into some kind of fuel saving mode.

bluhaven
01-20-13, 12:50 PM
I know with more throttle it won't do this, but I don't think it should be doing this at part throttle. I've never driven anything that has this feeling. It seems as though it needs a different tune for the trans or engine, or both. What is PAL?

Kevin

blue_skies
01-20-13, 03:04 PM
I know with more throttle it won't do this, but I don't think it should be doing this at part throttle. I've never driven anything that has this feeling. It seems as though it needs a different tune for the trans or engine, or both. What is PAL?

Kevin

Performance Algorithm Liftfoot.

It is GM's fifth(?) attempt in automating throttle behavior based on user and car input.

It works incredibly well, if it knows that you want to drive spiritedly. If not, it will translate throttle input into fuel efficient behavior, IMO.

It also learns over time (each drive). I have a stop sign near where I live, and very much drive the same each day, accelerating from the stop and then lifting my foot when I reach the speed limit. On certain days the car behaves 'normal', on other days the car keeps the rpm at 4k, staying in the lower gearing. It seems to correlate to how I was driving the 20min prior to getting there.

If the car ever feels sluggish, simply 'floor' it repeatedly, and the algorithm will take hold and the car begins to almost anticipate what you want. No need for paddle shifters.

bluhaven
01-20-13, 03:42 PM
If that's what PAL is, that sucks, let me drive it the way I want. Maybe when HP Tuners has support for this vehicle that can be tuned out.

Kevin

ewired
01-20-13, 09:23 PM
Maybe when HP Tuners has support for this vehicle that can be tuned out.

Kevin
TriFecta Tune

bluhaven
01-20-13, 09:53 PM
TriFecta Tune
I'll wait for HP Tuners.

Kevin

Cadillac Cust Svc
01-21-13, 12:36 PM
...Within the 1st 90 days my dealer wants us to bring the car in for any concerns so we'll see what they have to say at the time...

Kevin, I realize you just wrote about waiting for a tune, but I wanted to let you know I'm here if you would like assistance working with your dealership at any point. Please email me at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com, and I can research concerns for you and/or contact your dealer as well.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

bluhaven
01-21-13, 01:06 PM
Kevin, I realize you just wrote about waiting for a tune, but I wanted to let you know I'm here if you would like assistance working with your dealership at any point. Please email me at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com, and I can research concerns for you and/or contact your dealer as well.

Best,

Katie

I'm not really looking to tune the car, it seems as though that is the issue with the car and not a mechanical issue. When I take it in for service I'll let the dealership know.

Kevin

Cadillac Cust Svc
01-22-13, 09:59 AM
Thanks for the clarification, Kevin! I'm looking forward to your updates, and please email me in the meantime if you have any further questions along the way.

Best,

Katie

Rozay619
02-01-13, 11:47 AM
I am having the same issue, usually when i am slowing down to stop and then slight acceleration happens between 15-19 mph. I took the ATS to the dealer yesterday, hopefully they can have an answer or GM can find a fix for it!! It's anoying as hell!!!

bluhaven
02-01-13, 01:44 PM
I am having the same issue, usually when i am slowing down to stop and then slight acceleration happens between 15-19 mph. I took the ATS to the dealer yesterday, hopefully they can have an answer or GM can find a fix for it!! It's anoying as hell!!!
I'll be interested to see what they say and do.

Kevin

Rozay619
02-01-13, 05:14 PM
Short update if you want to call it that!! Dealership called me and they are keeping the car over the weekend. The service guy told me the tech is not sure how to resolve the issues?!?! Hopefully another update will come on Monday!! Enjoy your weekend guys!

bluhaven
02-01-13, 05:31 PM
Short update if you want to call it that!! Dealership called me and they are keeping the car over the weekend. The service guy told me the tech is not sure how to resolve the issues?!?! Hopefully another update will come on Monday!! Enjoy your weekend guys!
My guess is, if they do anything, is that it's in the tune. Hopefully they don't just say "they all shift like that" and fluff it off.

Kevin

Rozay619
02-01-13, 06:51 PM
My guess is, if they do anything, is that it's in the tune. Hopefully they don't just say "they all shift like that" and fluff it off.

Kevin

I'm the type of person that won't accept that! Especially for spending $40k for a car and only a 1000 miles on it! BTW they gave me a loaner ATS with the 2.5.... This thing has no power at all my scion XB has bigger balls then the loaner ATS.

bluhaven
02-01-13, 08:08 PM
I'm the type of person that won't accept that! Especially for spending $40k for a car and only a 1000 miles on it! BTW they gave me a loaner ATS with the 2.5.... This thing has no power at all my scion XB has bigger balls then the loaner ATS.
I'm hoping you get it straightened out with no issues, I'm anxious for the results.

Kevin

zr1mom
02-03-13, 06:25 PM
I have the same issue. $50 says they can't find anything wrong.

Kidding on the $50. :lildevil:

Rozay619
02-05-13, 03:43 PM
Another Update: Service guy called me yesterday afternoon and told me there is an issue with some bolts that were not torqed correctly at the factory on the Turbo and actually came loose. The Technician was working on it yesterday and hopefully will hear from the dealer today. He was hoping this may correct the issue with the hesitation, but wasn't 100%.

Rozay619
02-07-13, 12:02 PM
Final update: Picked up the car from the dealer last night, service guy went over the things that were done to the vehicle. Apparently the technician that was re-torquing the Turbo bolts broke a bolt while replacing the heat shield… idiot!!! He extracted the broken bolt and replaced it, and they also replaced the coolant in the turbo??? I haven’t noticed the hesitation as much but it seems like the car likes to hold 1st gear while slowing down, I guess it’s kind of nice as I don’t have to break as much when the tranny is doing it for me.. :-/ Anywho, glad to have the car back and hopefully I can get the Tune from BNR soon!!

sidenote: the techniction was not able to duplicate the hesitation issue(of course he wasn't) but i have some kind of ticket # for the issue so we can refer back to it when the issue comes up again. Thanks guys!!!