: Cadillac XTS-How Is It Performing?

fearlessfly
01-18-13, 12:58 PM
Can anyone who owns a new XTS address any reliability problems they have encountered? Have their been any high oil consumption engine oil problems that many owners of the CTS (2003-2011) have complained about with the V-6 engine? Do you think that the XTS is comparable to the DTS? Thanks for your help!

CAPT Mike
01-18-13, 04:09 PM
Reliability problems? My XTS4 has been fabulous; it holds the road and gets decent mpg. It's comfortable and pleasant to drive. The vehicle has a four year maintenance program and like other brands that have similar programs, reliability is not an issue for at least 4 years. And "fearless," by that time, if there was a problem, it would have been fixed or the car would have been traded. With any vehicle with the plethora of electronics embedded, there is always the potential for a meltdown. But, at the end of the day, as the old song goes, "don't worry, be happy." Why? 'Cause it's only money!!

BreakThrough
01-19-13, 10:27 PM
Comparable to the DTS? No. A more refined, stretched, luxurious, technologically advanced CTS. Brembo brakes, magnetic ride control, awesome led's for outside and inside, very nice soft leather, nice wood, the ipad (cue system) in the dash is easy (for me) to use. Enjoy the Pandora app and the ease my iphone5 links up for both phone and app use. Also, it has design cue's from the Cad's of old. V's in the seats, bladed tail lights to symbolize fins of the modern age.