: Fuel pressure jumping up and down on my 1998 Eldorado

allenflucas@aol.com
01-11-13, 07:31 PM
I have a 1998 with fuel pressure 75 and jumps down to 45 and misses when it dose that.. what could that be?

allenflucas@aol.com
01-12-13, 11:17 AM
I have a 1998 Cadillac that started surging on me about a month ago.. I have changed fuel filter, fuel reg., plugs and wires. All for no help. I checked codes and got a P0175. I ran a fuel pressure check, it's running 75 psi but when it surges it drops to 45 psi.. its like it misses when it dose this.. thanks for any help..
allenflucas@aol.com

allenflucas@aol.com
01-12-13, 11:41 AM
thanks for the help.. and sorry if I did double post.. That 75 psi had me also.. but I don't know what the psi should be, Im thinking I may have a bad fuel reg. it's not really acting like a vac. leak. it don't do this until it warms up..

allenflucas@aol.com
01-18-13, 11:04 AM
I am new at this . but I need help..My 1998 cadillac eld. fuel pressure started jumping from 75 psi down to 45 psi. now I have put 2 pressure reg. on it already. and each one doses the same thing.. I got to this after the car started surging going down the road. I put a fuel filter on it, then plugs and wires and the fuel reg. then i checked the EGR valve, put new gasket on it. then another fuel reg. still the same thing.. the only code I got was P0175 rich. but with that fuel pressure jumping is when it seems to surge. I sure hope I can get some help on this.. thanks..

Submariner409
01-18-13, 05:10 PM
PLEASE don't start new threads for the same question - keep all this fuel pressure problem in one place. Thanks.

Ranger
01-18-13, 09:08 PM
I swear I answered this once before. :hmm: