: Column locked.

Neoalex
01-18-13, 11:47 AM
Hi guys. Two days ago, the car would not start.
I removed the battery and an hour later tried to start the engine again and get a
message "Service column lock" and in five seconds "Theft system blocked start".
I have read the posts on the forum and as my battery is old enough, I decided to
replace it.
Battery replacement Unsuccessful. I still get the same messages on DIC.
Check fuse for HUD and Column lock - it operational. Both FOB work fine.
I have a question. How to unlock the steering wheel. And where is the lock.
Could this be Theft System error?
Is it possible to delete it with the OBD2?
Sorry for bad English.
Thanks.

ddalder
01-18-13, 01:27 PM
What country are you in? The North American STS does not have a steering column lock. This is something only installed on the export version and is controlled by the theft deterrent system. Not sure how to best advise you on this without doing more research. You may need to speak with a dealership in your area.

Ludacrisvp
01-18-13, 01:28 PM
What country are you in? The North American STS does not have a steering column lock. This is something only installed on the export version and is controlled by the theft deterrent system. Not sure how to best advise you on this without doing more research. You may need to speak with a dealership in your area.

Yeah I was going to say my column is never locked...

ddalder
01-18-13, 01:34 PM
Yeah I was going to say my column is never locked...
The theft deterrent systems seem more aggressive in export vehicles. Not sure why some of these things aren't a requirement in North America.

Neoalex
01-18-13, 01:48 PM
I'm from Russia. And yes, stupid thing. Column auto locked after car off.
Idiotic option, which does not allow to turn the wheels for remove the car from the back yard.
I can not imagine how to move the car on the tow truck.....

http://http://parts.nalleygmc.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_assembly=375788&ukey_product=3114510.
$894 damn, too expensive for stupid option...