: Key Fob - Seat Memory 'Link'?

JWLaRue
01-17-13, 10:06 PM
I have a 2013 SRX. Does a specific key fob have a(ny) association with one of the seat memory choices (1 or 2)? If there is, how does one tell which key fob is associated with which seat memory? (my fobs do not have a digit on them as I have had in other vehicles)

-tnx,

Jeff

Huey Driver
01-18-13, 08:48 AM
no. seat memory (buttons on the side of the seat) are different that remotes. The remotes just go back to whatever position seats were in when that remote left the car. so, you basically have 4 seat positions; 2 buttons and 2 remotes.

Cadillac Cust Svc
01-18-13, 04:07 PM
JWLaRue, feel free to send me an email if you have any further SRX questions! I'm reachable at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com and happy to investigate where I can.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

JWLaRue
01-18-13, 08:48 PM
Ahhh...understood. So I just set the seat(s) and as long as I use the same fob I'm good.

-tnx,

Jeff

hwilliams555
01-25-13, 07:14 PM
Is this feature on the 2010 SRX also

TheCaptain
01-26-13, 10:17 AM
Yes.

caddyshac
02-03-13, 09:18 PM
I also have same problem. Whichever remote I use the seat goes back to memory 1. Can't get to program seat 2 with remote 2. 2013 SRX.

warnercc
02-04-13, 11:45 AM
These cars are different when it comes to the memory settings. As Huey Driver said, the car will remember all of the various settings for that particular remote when the car is shut off. It will do that for each remote and is totally independent of the memory buttons on the seat. You actually have 4 different memory settings, 2 for the buttons located on the seat and one each for each remote.

caddyshac
02-04-13, 11:54 AM
How can I get my wife's key fob to remember her settings and my key fob to remember mine. Now, no matter
Which key fob I use it will always go to memory 1.

stevec5375
02-04-13, 06:03 PM
There is no correlation with the FOBs and the Memory 1 and 2 on the seat. They are totally independent. To set your FOB, get in the car, set the seat positions then exit the car with the FOB making sure to close the door. Do the same for the other FOB. The Memory 1 and 2 can be set by positioning the seat and holding down the Mem button and pressing 1 or 2 at the same time. You will hear a chime indicating it's set.

What I do is Set Memory 1 then exit the car with my FOB. That has Memory 1 and the FOB at the same settings.

caddyshac
02-06-13, 03:29 PM
Every time my wife uses her key fob, she needs to adjust her seat, mirror. But my key fob seems to remember or go to position one. Is their something I missed.
Thanks

DTurmel
02-06-13, 08:26 PM
When I bought my 2012, I was not able to make the fob remember seat / mirror position....until I tried the other one and then the first one started working...don't know what the problem was

caddyshac
02-07-13, 01:08 PM
Does the automatic memory recall on cue personalization menu be "on when driver door open" or off.

Thanks