: How much data does PANDORA use?

caitlex
01-17-13, 06:28 PM
I love Pandora and use all the time at home.....with my WiFi. Worried that if I use it in my car with CUE that it will eat up all my data. Anywhere I can find some kind of chart that shows how many minutes/hours on Pandora = GB?

danscrim
01-17-13, 06:57 PM
I love Pandora and use all the time at home.....with my WiFi. Worried that if I use it in my car with CUE that it will eat up all my data. Anywhere I can find some kind of chart that shows how many minutes/hours on Pandora = GB?

Quick google search got me this quote from PC World: "Listening to Pandora for an hour a day for a month will use about 1.76GB of data."

pkadanec
01-18-13, 11:16 AM
Also remember it will vary based on whether or not you use Pandora One (higher quality, higher bit rate) or just the basic version.

bungee91
01-18-13, 01:07 PM
Also remember it will vary based on whether or not you use Pandora One (higher quality, higher bit rate) or just the basic version. I agree, however you do have the option for the lower quality in Pandora under a "One" membership. By default (in the Pandora app) it goes to the lower quality, you still have to select the higher quality if preferred (which I'd certainly think that it would be).