: 2007 STS front bumper part #

triumph.man
01-17-13, 04:52 PM
So I woke up this morning and saw this on my bumper.
:bomb::bomb::bomb:

A hit and run, and checked all security cameras where I remembered I was at, but no such luck. looks like someone w a hitch ran into my bumper...

3 questions:

1. does anyone know the OEM part number for my model. It's a 2007 RWD 6 cyl. (how can I tell if I have headlamp washers or not...I don't think I have them)

2. anyone had a similar replacement? would like to see what I'm looking at in cost.

3. if it's over $1000 in repair, is it better off going through insurance?

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j39/sangalfie/photo4-1_zps8b9df2f2.jpg

Ludacrisvp
01-17-13, 05:11 PM
You do NOT have headlight washers, there would be a slanted rectangle (parallelogram) next to the headlight between light and grille to spray the headlight.
This also means you do not have HID headlights either.

I would say to get the 08 front end ... as far as I know all you need is bumper cover and upper and lower grille and everything else is the same.

LAC-STS just did this replacement and this is what he posted for costs:
Not sure about the upper grille and he went aftermarket lower grille.

300 bumper cover
400 to Cadillac to paint it
200 new lower E&G grill

LAC_STS
01-17-13, 07:46 PM
Yea you do NOT have headlamp washers.

There are a ton of bumper covers than would fit your car so looking for a specific part number would be a pain.

You just need a 2005-2007 front bumper cover with out washer holes. The 05-07 are all the same so long as it is NOT a V series cover. You can get them online anywhere from $200-400. You might even be able to luck out and get one already blue. The 05-07 ones are alot easier to find than the 08+ ones.

I cant see too much in your pics but you prob dont even need anything else. All of the stuff from your old bumper cover will swap over to the new one. Fog lights, upper & lower gills, bottom air deflector, and hardware. All of it you would just swap over. Its not hard at all. And while you are in there you can check your headlights out and swap any bulbs you need to, add HIDs, or whatever you want.

Like Ludacrisvp said I got my local Cadillac body shop to paint mine for just under $400. Some other places locally wanted 7-800 so it just depends really. The best way to get the price down for getting it painted is top go in there and tell them you just need the bumper cover painted. That you will bring them a bare OEM bumper cover. You do not need it installed or anything like that.

Of course that only applies if you are going to do it yourself.

I just did a really quick search on eBay and here is one I found.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2004-05-06-07-CADILLAC-STS-FRONT-BUMPER-COVER-ORIGINAL-PRIMED-W-OUT-WASHER-HOLES-/130793939229?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessorie s&hash=item1e73ed211d&vxp=mtr

Also check www.car-part.com and http://store.surplusgm.com/

triumph.man
01-18-13, 01:39 PM
Thank you Lac.

Did you happen to the installation yourself? If so, where there any specific tools required?

Cadillac Cust Svc
01-18-13, 02:31 PM
Triumph.man, I'm unfortunately unable to provide any DIY assistance, but I did want to jump on this thread to let you know I'm so sorry you experienced this! If you have any questions you would like me to ask your dealer on your behalf, I'm just an email away at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

LAC_STS
01-18-13, 03:09 PM
No special tools needed.

There is a ton of info on here on how to take the front fascia off. Alot of people have done the 08+ front fascia upgrade.

Basically there are two bolts that connect the bumper cover on the side to each fender. Then you have to take the plastic fasteners off the bottom of the bumper cover that connects it to the splash shield.

Once you get it off its pretty self explanatory on how to transfer the grills and fog lights to your new bumper cover.

If you wanted to do the 08+ fascia upgrade now would be the time to do it. You would need to buy new grills and some other parts though.

triumph.man
01-31-13, 12:49 PM
katie, just sent you an email. Hopefully you will be able to answer my question.

If anyone else wants to chime in if you know the asnwer...

I have found a used front end, but it ends up being a 08,

My question is, will the front grill cover and the bottom grill cover from my 07 will not be compatible w/ this 08 bumper?

Just want to make sure. I'll probably end up replacing everything on my own, but want to spend the least possible.

1BadCadSTS
01-31-13, 01:23 PM
Depends in with or without headlamp washers.

triumph.man
01-31-13, 01:46 PM
by the looks of this bumper, it seems it is the one w/o headlamp washers, which is what i need.

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j39/sangalfie/KGrHqJHJE0E6sm-S5BQNSGJGR60_57_zpsff19047c.jpg

LAC_STS
01-31-13, 02:08 PM
You need to search on here for the 2008+ front fascia upgrade thread. There is a write up on it. 08+ uses diff grills, fog light brakets, and lower splash shield.

Its a nice upgrade if you wanna do it but there are about $400-500 in extra parts you will need.

Either you get a 05-07 bumper cover or you get a 08+ bumper cover and also buy the 2 grills, fog light brackets, lower splash shield, lower air dam, grill clips, etc.

----------

You need to search on here for the 2008+ front fascia upgrade thread. There is a write up on it. 08+ uses diff grills, fog light brakets, and lower splash shield.

Its a nice upgrade if you wanna do it but there are about $400-500 in extra parts you will need.

Either you get a 05-07 bumper cover or you get a 08+ bumper cover and also buy the 2 grills, fog light brackets, lower splash shield, lower air dam, grill clips, etc.

----------

Actually its $300-400 in extra parts on top of the two grills.

E&G grills were about $700 last time I checked. Stock grills might could be found on eBay for cheaper..

----------

Actually its $300-400 in extra parts on top of the two grills.

E&G grills were about $700 last time I checked. Stock grills might could be found on eBay for cheaper..

triumph.man
01-31-13, 03:27 PM
thanks lac! price wise i guess it will be very similar....hmmm...decisions

If any of you have a spare bumper to sell, i'd take it at the right price ;)

LAC_STS
01-31-13, 05:15 PM
I dunno what you mean by similar in price.

Right now all you need is a 2005-2007 front bumper cover. When you take the bumper cover off the grills, fog lights, and lower air dam come all off in one piece. You would swap your grills, fog lights & brakcets, lower air dam, and hardware (there is a metal bracket and two bolts on each side where it connects to the fender) off of your old bumper cover and put them on your new one. Then you would install it.

If you get a 2008+ bumper cover you need all the parts I listed above. Its new grills, lower air dam, and splash shield + about 200 in little parts. You could sell your old grills to re coup some of the money but not much.

Its been a while since I did it but if I remember right to do it with E&G mesh grills it was like $1200 for the grills, lower air dam, splash shield, and the little parts. If you did it with used OEM grills it would probably be cheaper depending on how much you got the OEM ones for.

This is not including the bumper cover. Its $1200 + the bumper cover. Which is what Im saying. Its either bumper cover or bumper cover + $1200.

Just keep an eye on eBay for a 05-07 bumper cover. If you have to have it painted just go ask your local Caddy body shop how much to paint it if you just bring them the part. Thats the cheapest way.

B1n2fra
01-31-13, 08:00 PM
I would try Ebay or an auto recycler for the same color bumper cover and install myself.

triumph.man
03-08-13, 05:00 PM
Another question. Found a bumper for my year, but it has the washer holes. I have a bumper w/o the washer holes, would these still fit??

And wanted to thank everyone for their help and input!!

EChas3
03-08-13, 08:54 PM
If you have to paint it anyway, why not?

triumph.man
03-11-13, 12:00 PM
does that mean it would fit? =) can't even tell where these damn washer holes are at.

EChas3
03-11-13, 08:55 PM
I've never done the swap but I think so. There are many thread on the topic. Try doing some searches.