: child car seat?

odla
01-16-13, 08:06 PM
My little buddy just turned one. I did a search for car seats and couldn't find the thread I thought I saw a while ago about what people have. I did find the recent thread about this same topic but it was for the 09 model year.

I'm looking for a convertible seat. Something that fits in the back center spot. Something that looks good but safety is number one over anything. He is in his infant seat still and he hasn't met the max weight for it but his feet hit the back of the bench when facing rearward. I'm six foot so hoping that when the seat is facing rearward I won't need to change my driving position. One that can go from rearward to forward facing is best for me. I have seen a few but am doing searches for ratings and all. If I could see pic's that would be great. I'm trying to go get one this upcoming weekend.

Thanks guys. I just want to see the options that people have used.

silentwig
01-16-13, 08:16 PM
Doesn't Sparco make performance baby seats? I think they come with a poop trap.

FoD
01-16-13, 08:35 PM
Recaro does too.

odla
01-16-13, 08:43 PM
yup seen the Recaro. I haven't seen the Sparco

carlson_mn
01-16-13, 09:37 PM
There's hardly any room in these cars for rearward facing car seats. Some fit better than others. Make sure you test fit it before purchasing it or leaving the parking lot. The front seats are so wide on top with the seatbelts it makes reclining tough.

odla
01-16-13, 09:44 PM
That's great info. Ill test fit for sure.

Junior1
01-16-13, 10:05 PM
I've had Recaro's and Britax Marathon for all of mine

sgtdestruction
01-16-13, 11:43 PM
Sunshine Kids Radian...we have 4 of these. Thinnest/safest seat on the market.

http://www.babyearth.com/sunshine-kids-radian-65-car-seat.html

I have had all 4 in my V (1-front & 3-rear) with no fitment issues. Plus, they are designed for babies from 5 lbs to 80lbs...so only 1 seat to buy...ever.

Andringa
01-17-13, 11:15 AM
Sunshine Kids Radian...we have 4 of these. Thinnest/safest seat on the market.

http://www.babyearth.com/sunshine-kids-radian-65-car-seat.html

I have had all 4 in my V (1-front & 3-rear) with no fitment issues. Plus, they are designed for babies from 5 lbs to 80lbs...so only 1 seat to buy...ever.

Thanks for posting that. Are kids are 1 and 2 and we're considering a 3rd. Based on the seats that we have I didn't think I'd fit them all in the back seat.

When you had 3 in the rear, were you able to use Latch or did you have to use the seatbelts? And were they forward or rear facing? I'll have to try to get 1 rear and 2 forward facing to work.

RyRidesMotoX
01-17-13, 11:32 AM
I have to get a new one for my kid. He is only 16lbs but he is like 26inches long so he is pretty much outgrowing the current seat on length. Kids are almost as expensive as cars.

odla
01-17-13, 12:29 PM
So far my kid has been more expensive than my cars. Lol. My kid brings more joy though. At least most of the time. Hahahaha.

Faber
01-17-13, 01:42 PM
I'm in the same boat - 11mo old & off the chart on height & >25lbs already. He's basically outgrown the Chico infant seat and the convertible child seat we bought only fits in the V when I'm all up in the steering wheel so its been relegated to the Pilot. Starting the hunt for a front facing one for him now.

Most important thing is to get a seat protector. I went with a Prince Lionheart 2 stage seat based on recommendations on this board http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2267170

http://i1062.photobucket.com/albums/t486/mfaber1/carseat_zps8af0c2cf.jpg
http://i1062.photobucket.com/albums/t486/mfaber1/frontseat_zpsb69fcb3a.jpg

And yes, I need to vaccum the interior...

mberisha
01-18-13, 04:07 PM
This is a great thread....my wife downloads June 18th....so I'm in the market myself.

BTW...love the "poop tray" comment...hahaha!

odla
01-18-13, 04:17 PM
Seems like there are a few of us V1 owners using this car to the fullest. lol

Mrs.LS6
01-18-13, 06:45 PM
I've had two carseats in the rear of mine. Infant seat and a rear-ward facing(which is now forward facing.)
These cars suck at hooking the seat bases in tho. My 04 doesn't have the little tab things in the seat like my truck does so you seems like you have to dig way down in the seat to latch it in place.

V6TA-MI
01-18-13, 09:38 PM
Have a set of Recarco convertables for the twin grand daughters. Could not get them rear facing in the V and get a comfortable driving position. The seats worked fine rear facing in the wifes '02 SLS. They are front facing now so...
We went to Babies 'R' Us, where they let us take any of the display seats to test fit in the cars. One note, take the time to set the angle exactly right when you test fit. (used a smart phone Xclinometer "level" ap)
We Also Have Cosco convertable for the grandson. We could not get this seat to work rear facing in the center of the SLS so I'm sure it would not go in the V.

sgtdestruction
01-18-13, 10:20 PM
Thanks for posting that. Are kids are 1 and 2 and we're considering a 3rd. Based on the seats that we have I didn't think I'd fit them all in the back seat.

When you had 3 in the rear, were you able to use Latch or did you have to use the seatbelts? And were they forward or rear facing? I'll have to try to get 1 rear and 2 forward facing to work.

All 4 were front facing. Tried the rear facing and it fits, but barely. With all three in the back, I could not use the anchors.

----------

My oldest is now in a booster if anyone wants a used sunshine kids seat. Free...we got our use out of it.

mberisha
01-19-13, 04:16 PM
I found this....

http://www.zdistrict.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/wingmanbabyseat.jpg

NCOGNITO
01-19-13, 07:30 PM
My oldest is now in a booster if anyone wants a used sunshine kids seat. Free...we got our use out of it.

I've been looking for a seat to use exclusively in the V, I hate moving the seat back and forth. If you still have this, I'll pay shipping? PM me your thoughts on shipping cost to 27529? Thanks!

sgtdestruction
01-19-13, 10:20 PM
I've been looking for a seat to use exclusively in the V, I hate moving the seat back and forth. If you still have this, I'll pay shipping? PM me your thoughts on shipping cost to 27529? Thanks!

PM sent.