: New XTS commercial

HartfordGuy
01-16-13, 05:47 PM
http://youtu.be/daqfBmo3qzY

"The return of life lived large"

kipsts
01-16-13, 05:55 PM
Isn't that what you find happens @HartfordGuy when you take your XTS out at night?:cool2:

HartfordGuy
01-16-13, 06:59 PM
You tear up a ball field with your new car then pick up Clint Eastwood and his dog and take them to a diner for breakfast.

Lanzz
01-17-13, 08:38 AM
Doesn't resonate with me at all. Seems like an odd collection of scenes intended to make the car seem "edgy." Great car, why resort to a goofy commercial.

TulsaVic
01-17-13, 11:23 AM
Interesting mix of upscale and not. Like many of the publicity shots of the ATS shown, among other places, in an alley next to a dumpster. Wonder what message Cadillac is trying to send?

Don't see Caddy ads here in Maine. It's almost all Subaru 4WD....especially this time of year.

DG2
01-17-13, 11:39 AM
Very odd commercial and totally removed from the reality of the average male car buyer. That said ads are made to get us to watch and in this case it works and the car looks great

Would love to see Cadillac redo the ad from the original " comeback" where the businessman gets on the subway circa 1940's and the Cadillacs morph into the current lineup. They can redo this with current cars. That ad got me to buy my first Caddy !

Creative Director
01-20-13, 06:58 AM
I come to think this ad is not just about the car, it's about OPTIMISM. I can see optimism reflected on the ad from start to finish and how this is reflected on the customer attitude towards life.

Which brings another important point:

I myself not being American would think that there is a shift in the associations people around the world make when they think of America. It is important to know these associations and take advantage of them. America’s sense of optimism, especially, can be a strong selling point for any American brand.

It is nice they try to break the mold of automotive advertising while trying to connect with a new generation (at least for Cadillac) of customers by shifting in the associations people make when they think of their car.

I think they are onto something interesting.

carter's_sts
01-20-13, 12:16 PM
Not even Clint Eastwood's dog would be getting in my Cadillac. Maybe Anne Hathaway's.......ha ha.

DG2
01-21-13, 01:40 AM
Not even Clint Eastwood's dog would be getting in my Cadillac. Maybe Anne Hathaway's.......ha ha.

I'll just take Anne Hathaway !!

----------

I come to think this ad is not just about the car, it's about OPTIMISM. I can see optimism reflected on the ad from start to finish and how this is reflected on the customer attitude towards life.

Which brings another important point:

I myself not being American would think that there is a shift in the associations people around the world make when they think of America. It is important to know these associations and take advantage of them. America’s sense of optimism, especially, can be a strong selling point for any American brand.

It is nice they try to break the mold of automotive advertising while trying to connect with a new generation (at least for Cadillac) of customers by shifting in the associations people make when they think of their car.

I think they are onto something interesting.

Hmmm, did you mean ... But, ah never mind :)