Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Future engines and powertrain options

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  jsakabuck 
#1 ·
Does anyone know if the XTS will get the new twin turbo V6 or be offered as a hybrid in the future ? If not what power trains are currently rumored for future XTS models ?

#2 ·
The original ads for the XTS and even Caddy's site listed it as a hybrid right up until one week before the LA Auto show. Then suddenly no further mention was made of it. IMHO I can speculate that it was dropped as they were experiencing problems (as in fires) with the VOLT drivetrain and/or someone decided it would be more lucrative to do a separate mini-XTS as an hybrid, aka the ELR. Now that they have the ELR I doubt the XTS will get that as an option. Too bad, that is very much what interested me in getting the XTS originally and the only shortfall I find with SilverFox, my Platinum XTS.:cool2:

#3 ·
The original XTS concept had a hybrid drivetrain, but GM has since announced they are de-emphasizing hybrids in favor of Voltec. It doesn't look like they will have an eAssist mild hybrid for the 3.6, which is too bad, but there may be engineering difficulties compared with the less powerful 2.4 I4. I hate to think how much development money, time, and talent were wasted on the Two Mode hybrid transmissions, few of which were ever built or sold.

There are rumors they'll offer the 3.6 TT for the third model year or in a year and a half. It will likely debut in the new CTS in the fall of this year. Presumably, they will also put the tranverse AWD version in the 3 Lambda CUVs and maybe the next Buick LaCrosse to increase the volume.

I would rather have a V8, but apparently even China has stupid taxes based on engine displacement.

This post has been deleted
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.