: LED Ambient Lighting

strapp1000
01-16-13, 12:30 AM
After I bought my girl her Ford Edge Sport; I fell in love with the ambient lighting. While the V was getting a Viper 5704 with Smart Start alarm and remote start (will post about that soon) I decided to add some LED's to all four door handles.

Check them out in the video below (not the best video).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=_lTUn4_dYxA

barrok69
01-16-13, 11:59 AM
Nice. Did you wire them so that they are dimmable with the rest of the cluster/gauge lights?

Skidmarcx
01-16-13, 05:54 PM
That looks pretty sweet!

strapp1000
01-16-13, 09:10 PM
Nice. Did you wire them so that they are dimmable with the rest of the cluster/gauge lights?
I don't think LED's are not dimmable.
They are tied into the parking lights. They come on when the auto headlights come on.

barrok69
01-17-13, 04:08 PM
I don't think LED's are not dimmable.
They are tied into the parking lights. They come on when the auto headlights come on.

You can get the dimmable kind. I just did my interior lights with them and they work fine when they dim out to shut off. Did you just piece together some wire and components or did you buy a kit of some sort for this mod?

strapp1000
01-29-13, 12:19 PM
No kit...had my local shop do it while I was in for my Viper Remote Start. They used Varad LED's I believe. What are the part numbers you used for your interior? Do you have pics?

barrok69
01-30-13, 01:57 PM
No kit...had my local shop do it while I was in for my Viper Remote Start. They used Varad LED's I believe. What are the part numbers you used for your interior? Do you have pics?

I'm waiting on pics from my buddies camera then I'm going to write up a review on them in the next week or so. All the info will be in there. Stay tuned.