: How should I prepare the car for.....

Night Wolf
12-28-04, 03:57 PM
The insurance guy to come and look at it?

a week ago this past Friday a guy hit my car (Oldsmobile) in a parkign lot... anyway, the incurance guy is coming to my house tomorrow morning to look at the damage.

What should I do.... if anything, to make it worth more or something? a fmialy member just had an accident (other guys fault) and when the guy came, I know they took money off because of a ripped seat... and only gave him $24.95 for a brand new engine and a trans with 40k on it...

I washed the Oldsmobile last night, but it now has some slush and dirt on it.. still looks clean though.. I figured I would leave it like that so it dosn't look obvious I cleaned it up... but better then the rolling museum of road salt it was...

Today I finally fixed the hron and have the steering wheel back togheter, cleaned out all the junk inside the car, then went tot he car wash and vaccumed out the whole interrior... looks nice now...

The body... well, the left fender and driver door is still dented up from when I hit the telephone poll last winter... if he sees that, he may say something about it... but I'll mention that I have a new door and fender... and I am waiting to get this fixed, then I am getting the car painted.... which brings me to another thing... the car, form the outside dosn't look that good... the paint on the trunk, roof and hood was all faded (good move GM) so I spray-painted it.. which looks better then the fadded blotchy paint, but still isn't good... there is also minor overspray on a couple windows...

... but what else should I do? the car runs and drives great... if he wants to hear it run, it'll start right up and run as smooth as could... I can tell him all the new parts I have put on the car in the last year (since I have owned it) but I don't have many of the recipts....

I know they are probably going to total it out, as the damage will probably be more to fix then the book value of the car... in that case, I'll just buy the car back... they are not taking my Olds with 126k miles... which still has alot of life ahead of it :) once the body work is done, and it gets painted.. it'll look nice too :)

the car has been hit 4 times... and still going strong... for a 3,200lbs mid-size uni-body car... this thing is a tank :)