: Differential oil change

JohnJJO
01-15-13, 09:35 PM
Hello guys I did research here on the forum but still couldn't find correct answer.
Do I really have to drop down deff. to drain oil, I know it can be just sucked out, but I really want to get all out, so I do need to drain it to get max. out and probably clean it with brake cleaner to like flush it out.
But the most thin that I'm care about that my 2000 sport with 153k miles never had oil change. It's currently full of oil and have no leaks. I'm scary that I will have leaks after i change oil in deff.
Any ideas?
Thank you.

gvjv3
01-16-13, 03:15 AM
Hello

he,s what I did, got a 2-way siffon hose, raise the car up when they drop the oil pan, i took off the drain plug to the deff and suck out allmost all the oil in the deff, deff holds about 2 quarts, I put in just over 2 quarts back plus a small amount of stop leak before it started to come out of the drain plug hole, put the plug back on and i was done, about 15 minutes.

JohnJJO
01-17-13, 12:28 AM
what oil did u use ? and did u see any different, any leak after that?
thanks

gvjv3
01-17-13, 03:27 AM
I do believe it was 80-90W, I will have to look in the manual again, see i feel the difference when I take off or slow down, and it hasn't leak yet