: Child Safety Locks - One side only?

adamjeeps
01-15-13, 05:03 PM
Ok folks, got another question/beef!! Can you pick which side to have the electronic safety lock activate? My wife locked herself in the backseat today! Also annoying to have to open an adult's door for them if they are in the back. This would seem to be a drawback of the electronic feature if it must lock both doors at all times.

Mike Grasso
01-15-13, 06:55 PM
Nope, it's automatic from the drivers side console. (2013)

TheCaptain
01-16-13, 06:24 AM
Mike is right. Both doors only activated from the dash.

Marc NY
01-16-13, 08:04 AM
Ok folks, got another question/beef!! Can you pick which side to have the electronic safety lock activate? My wife locked herself in the backseat today! Also annoying to have to open an adult's door for them if they are in the back. This would seem to be a drawback of the electronic feature if it must lock both doors at all times.The reason both rear doors have to lock is that a child could possibly get unbuckled and move around in the back and would then be able to get out of the other rear door if indeed only one was locked, hence for safety reasons both doors will be either locked or unlocked.

adamjeeps
01-16-13, 11:33 AM
I can appreciate the thinking behind this but our 2.5 year old is not going to be able to get out of his car seat to open either side door. I with there was a manual override on the door so you could pick which side was activated.

stevec5375
01-16-13, 05:18 PM
I can appreciate the thinking behind this but our 2.5 year old is not going to be able to get out of his car seat to open either side door. I with there was a manual override on the door so you could pick which side was activated.

You're kidding. Right?

TheCaptain
01-16-13, 06:33 PM
So, why not just leave the child lock inactive for now...

adamjeeps
01-17-13, 06:04 AM
Steve, why would I be kidding? Before the "improved" electronic safety locks, I didn't have to lock both doors.

300:29:1
01-17-13, 07:53 AM
Steve, why would I be kidding? Before the "improved" electronic safety locks, I didn't have to lock both doors.

I see your point adamjeeps. We used to flip a switch on the door to engage/disengage the child safety locks. The electronic system is much easier, but you have found the one drawback.