: Would you ever mistake your V for a CTS-V?

youknooow
01-15-13, 05:05 PM
This past weekend I was in Dwn Twn ATL and saw a silver STS-V so I pulled up in my V next to his and said "you don't see this too often, two STS-Vs" he could hear me but could not make out what I was saying. He then asked me was mine a STS or CTS-V I was shocked!

ChurchSTSV
01-15-13, 05:41 PM
Heck no. I always know its a STS because I can afford the payments!

originalgarage
01-15-13, 08:01 PM
i've only had mine for a little over a week so i'm still notitcing the details that make them different. they do look very similar. all my friends initially think mine has the ls motor, to which i respond "nah, this is an sts; not a cts" with an smirk.

fast_lane10
01-15-13, 11:01 PM
Not if I was driving one ....for someone who hasn't seen one they look at the grill and think its a CTS-v. They don't know that STS comes in the V version, which is what I thought when I was looking to buy a new car and ended up getting this.

wake
01-16-13, 12:04 AM
A lot of people never knew they made a V version of the STS.

I've been asked a few times about mine, not if it was a CTS, but surprise that Cadillac made an STS in that trim.

bigburban
01-16-13, 12:25 AM
When my v is noticed it is always mistaken for the second gen cts-v. I don't even try and correct people anymore.

carter's_sts
01-16-13, 12:39 AM
The average Joe thinks the only Cadillacs there are are the Escalade and the CTS. And most people know nothing about cars at all.

Zzapp
01-16-13, 01:21 AM
I first saw the STS-V in 06 while getting my wife's first CTS.... the 30+k difference in price never allowed my to confuse the two....

06 STS Rob
01-16-13, 01:40 AM
When my v is noticed it is always mistaken for the second gen cts-v. I don't even try and correct people anymore.

Before I even got my V, everyone thought my 06 STS was a C...now say it's a V and even C owners think it's a CTS-V. Although it doesn't have the 550hp, I love that only 2500 were made and 200 of those were exported to other countries. Oh well if we're the only people who know WTF kind of cars we have right?!?

Jailtime
01-16-13, 04:27 AM
I can identify any V at a glance. but I can't say the same for anyone else I meet. They all ask, "Is that the one with the Vette motor?" Then I have to explain, and they still don't get it. My STS-V turns heads, at the least, though. :D

It's good to be able to identify different V's quickly. Don't want to get in a tangle with a CTS-V2.

carter's_sts
01-16-13, 12:51 PM
Yeah, its good to be able to size up any car. There are some other cars that can beat us too, but its fun to normally have the fastest car in the vicinity.

06 STS Rob
01-16-13, 01:12 PM
^^^
Same goes with any car really... Clone V's are easy to spot, clone Cobra Mustangs, Wanna be SS Camaro's ect. I am a car guy, I know the diff between a V6 charger with SRT badges and a real SRT... HA HA HA!
When I first brought my V to work, one of my coworkers read the supercharged badge on the door and said "it's got one of those alternator looking things on it that makes it fast?" " What speed can you turn it on?" Makes you wonder how some people make it so far in life....

bobs-sts-v
01-16-13, 01:45 PM
I get it all the time, "Is that a CTS-V?" or "Nice CTS-V." Even though my license plate reads " STS V"
Go figure. But I love the compliments.

Bob

Cadillac Cust Svc
01-16-13, 04:25 PM
Great thread, youknooow! It's interesting to read about the features you all use to distinguish between the STS-V and the CTS-V, and I'm going to document the price feedback where the appropriate GM teams can view it.

If you ever have additional STS-V feedback you would like me to document, feel free to private message me anytime!

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

carter's_sts
01-16-13, 05:47 PM
How about tell them to make it again? Or version 2 like the CTS-V

I know that's not reality because it didn't sell well enough, but an XTS-V would be good. There are people who still want a fast, bigger car and its sad that they have to go to the Ms and the AMGs.

ChurchSTSV
01-16-13, 07:24 PM
The only thing I would like to see from Cadillac is making sure repair facilities have the resources they need to work on the 4.4L.

torched10
01-16-13, 08:41 PM
Katie tell your mqarketing folks that there are folks like me who would buy a SC XTS in a heartbeat if its priced near an M5 with similar interior quality, i think itd be a hit

Great thread, youknooow! It's interesting to read about the features you all use to distinguish between the STS-V and the CTS-V, and I'm going to document the price feedback where the appropriate GM teams can view it.

If you ever have additional STS-V feedback you would like me to document, feel free to private message me anytime!

Katie

06 STS Rob
01-16-13, 10:42 PM
Problem is, you can't even get rear wheel drive in the xts, only front or all... Just a RWD V8 would be better than only having a FWD V6 available.

Cadillac Cust Svc
01-17-13, 10:35 AM
Katie tell your mqarketing folks that there are folks like me who would buy a SC XTS in a heartbeat if its priced near an M5 with similar interior quality, i think itd be a hit

Then I will document this comment where the proper GM teams can see it, torched! Thanks very much for your input.

Katie

youknooow
01-19-13, 05:08 PM

Katie

1st I am glad the Cadillac Customer Service now also interacts with the STS-V threads, even though most STS-Vs would be outside of their original factory warranties.

I like getting bang for my buck, but most individuals especially in these vehicle classes will pay for vehicles that deliver. I know part of Cadillac's strategy has been to undercut while outperforming the competition. I think the CTS-V is a good example of where that strategy was poorly applied even though it was successful. I have a 09 STS-V, and there are a few features that my vehicle has that the CTS-V lacks, that would lead me to evaluate competing vehicles for purchase, even though it out performs my car in the areas of track performance.

I'm waiting for Cadillac to build the vehicle where compromise is not in the equation.

----------

Problem is, you can't even get rear wheel drive in the xts, only front or all... Just a RWD V8 would be better than only having a FWD V6 available.

At first I was like Torched10 has lost it, but then I thought about all the high performance all wheel drive vehicles, I think a high performance all-wheel drive XTS has merit! But I doubt Cadillac would invest in whats necessary to deliver a XTS-V, since performance is not that cars mission.