: 2014 CTS When ?

gord1966
01-15-13, 12:49 PM
Hey everyone former CTS owner who bought a camaro and now thinking of a new 2014 Cts.
I thought we would see the unveiling of the 2014 at NAIAS this morning. Icant find anything on it. Did it happen does anyone have any link or know when it maybe revealed ?

jurzdevil
01-15-13, 01:21 PM
I too am waiting to see the new CTS and what sort of powertrain options it will have. However, they just unveiled the ELR today so I imagine that is Cadillac's priority for the Detroit show. I guess the CTS will show up at Chicago or NYC.

I wish they would hurry up and spill the details. The new Corvette is looking quite attractive and if I could pair it with a diesel ATS for a daily driver...I might just cry a little.

gord1966
01-15-13, 02:14 PM
I love the Vette. Haven't been a Corvette fan in the past but thats a nice car

Blue CTS
01-15-13, 09:24 PM
ELR looks pretty close to the CTS Coupe --- amazingly close. Would be a great transition of the CTS coupe to this....

gohawks63
01-15-13, 10:16 PM
ELR looks pretty close to the CTS Coupe --- amazingly close. Would be a great transition of the CTS coupe to this....

I believe it is smaller though. Given how difficult it is getting in the back of the CTS coupe, I can't imagine it in the ELR.

Loveldos
01-16-13, 12:03 AM
I believe it is smaller though. Given how difficult it is getting in the back of the CTS coupe, I can't imagine it in the ELR.

Actually, it surprised me that the two models are quite close in the specs published by Cadillac:

ELR Coupe Weight 4070 pounds; CTS-4 Coupe 4096 pounds. ELR Coupe Length 186 inches; CTS-4 Coupe length 188.5 inches. ELR Coupe wheelbase 106.1 inches; CTS-4 Coupe 113.4 inches. ELR Coupe trunk 9 cubic feet volume; CTS-4 Coupe trunk 10.5 cubic feet volume.

Cadillac describes the ELR Coupe as a "2 + 2" and mentions its rear seats fold to accommodate golf bags. Of course, the rear seat of the CTS-4 Coupe folds, too. The full length console in the ELR Coupe looks nicely done--and I read something about an electric cup holder cover.

gohawks63
01-16-13, 09:19 AM
Actually, it surprised me that the two models are quite close in the specs published by Cadillac:

ELR Coupe Weight 4070 pounds; CTS-4 Coupe 4096 pounds. ELR Coupe Length 186 inches; CTS-4 Coupe length 188.5 inches. ELR Coupe wheelbase 106.1 inches; CTS-4 Coupe 113.4 inches. ELR Coupe trunk 9 cubic feet volume; CTS-4 Coupe trunk 10.5 cubic feet volume.

Cadillac describes the ELR Coupe as a "2 + 2" and mentions its rear seats fold to accommodate golf bags. Of course, the rear seat of the CTS-4 Coupe folds, too. The full length console in the ELR Coupe looks nicely done--and I read something about an electric cup holder cover.

Wow. Since they have been saying it's based on the Volt, I assumed it was similar dimensionally.

Loveldos
01-16-13, 11:18 AM
It is too bad the ELR drivetrain is quite similar to the Volt--but maybe this will lower the price from its projected levels? The ELR Coupe's proportions are those of its front-wheel-drive system, so I find the appearance of the CTS Coupes much nicer, but the trendiness of having a hybrid should assure its success in the marketplace. It's time for Cadillac to re-fresh the CTS Coupe with niceties like door mirror turn indicators, heads-up display and redesigned wheels--especially if they're not bringing out a Generation III CTS Coupe anytime soon.