: CUE/ATS Personalization Question

jreihsen
01-14-13, 09:52 PM
I tried this question on the ATS forum but no one responded, maybe this is the better place to ask.

I'm a little confused on the personalization. Can the CUE favorites be set separately for the two driver memory choices? Or is there just one favorites list for the vehicle?

For example, our old (04) CTS had two sets of radio/xm favorites, one for each driver. The choice was made by selection of the seat memory. I don't see how to do this on our ATS.

codeman71
01-15-13, 10:01 AM
No, the Favorites cannot be separately saved for different drivers. We got a lot of customer complaints from people who didn't understand that feature and were upset when the favorites were completely different all of a sudden. We're looking at ways at more reliably determining the driver and being able to offer this feature at some point.

pkadanec
01-15-13, 02:50 PM
Huh, so using a different fob was not a reasonable way to tell drivers apart? I mean the seat settings are different per fob, so why not the other settings? Maybe just a way to turn that feature off and on for those of us who actually understand how to use a feature like that!

jreihsen
01-28-13, 11:01 PM
I guess I don't understand either. The driver just chooses which user he is and the infotainment system sets up his favorites and returns to his previously chosen media. We had that in our 04 CTS, and Ford has it in the Focus with MyFordTouch. Frankly it never occurred that the personalization functions would go away. I'm curious whether the 12 CTS has them.

I'm sorry Cody, but this, the CUE reliability issues and the indexing issues are pretty dissapointing.

Runch Machine
01-29-13, 09:46 AM
Cody, this and other functionality that people are asking for can all be offered by allowing a variety of options via menus. Default the options to what the less tech savy would want. Those that are more tech savy would then be able to change the defaults to what they want. You have a wonderful platform for those of us who want to be able to do a variety of things with the system but you've limited it so that it doesn't confuse some people.

My dealer offered all the help needed to explain the CUE system. I didn't need it but it's there if I want it. As you work to improve the demographics of the Cadillac buyer, CUE can play a huge roll if you let it. I'm 56 and the technology in the car was the reason I bought it. Generally speaking younger drivers want more tech in their cars. If this is the group you want to appeal to CUE is the way to do it.

codeman71
01-29-13, 10:03 AM
Thanks for the positive feedback about CUE's effect on your purchase decision and the demographics issue. I agree that it can be a great customer draw for exactly the people that we are looking for Cadillac to attract. I do appreciate how vocal everyone is here because it just gives me that much more ammunition for fighting for the features that you guys want, rather than just overly-simplifying the system and making the assumption that nobody missed it anyway. Thanks!

CDN XTS
01-29-13, 02:19 PM
Cody, <snipped> ...I'm 56 and the technology in the car was the reason I bought it. Generally speaking younger drivers want more tech in their cars. If this is the group you want to appeal to CUE is the way to do it.

Agree as to "generally", thus there are exceptions and I am 22 years older than you and am not scared about tech, infact love it, notwithstanding that it sometimes is puzzling, LOL. see:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-xts-forum/280450-service-messages-3-systems-brand-new.html

However, the "KISS" aspect needs also to be kept in mind although I agree with Cody as to avoiding "overly-simplifying the system".