: Can never find a V1 when your ready

izcain
01-14-13, 06:31 PM
Isn't that always the way it works? lol
Once your ready to look for one the right ones are nowhere to be found. Oh well I will keep looking until I find that perfect one!

I have come across a few high mileage ones........ and a few light leather ones but no ebony interior cars.
Although I did find I mallet version that was nice but nowhere in my price bracket lol

ok no more ranting back to searching! haha :suspense:

odla
01-14-13, 07:15 PM
Get to it lol

nvthev
01-14-13, 07:17 PM
I searched hard for a month when I was ready. I spent more than I wanted. Got a super car for it. You'll find the right one.

ls6v
01-14-13, 07:40 PM
Autotrader.com is your friend

izcain
01-14-13, 07:49 PM
Lol yea there are a few in there that were nice but they either wont return calls or email and the other ones were sold lol

Oh well looking is half the fun sometimes.

Gotta love some of the goofy craigslist ads that pop up lol

Isaacs
01-14-13, 08:17 PM
What are you looking for, color, price, mileage, etc?

izcain
01-14-13, 08:23 PM
Looking for pretty much a platinum or black (red maybe) ebony interior and lower mileage car. Price is flexable for the right one but not crazy either. Maybe something in the 17-22 range.... Really depends on the car.

Hockeyref
01-14-13, 09:24 PM
I know exactly how you feel - I searched for 3 months and flew across four provinces for my V - 2006 Black exterior with 30,000 miles I bought in 2011, completely stock just needed new tires. I wanted the black interior but went with the tan after I saw it as it was like new. Also not nearly as hot inside on those hot days when you first get in the car. Some days I think about selling it but then its just so much fun when you step on the GO pedal!!

izcain
01-14-13, 09:47 PM
I can understand that. I just like the look of the black interior...... it doesn't get that hot around my neck of the woods and if it does it is only for like a week stint in the summertime and thats it. I have the light colored leather in my dually that I like it there.

kciaccio
01-14-13, 10:01 PM
They can ship it to you. When it gets there and if you do not like it send it back no strings attach.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadillac-CTS-WE-FINANCE-2004-CADILLAC-CTS-V-6SPEED-SUNROOF-NAV-HEATED-SEATS-21K-TEXAS-DIRECT-AUTO-/400383233985?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item5d38b34fc1#ht_24534wt_1165

fej
01-14-13, 10:17 PM
I looked casually for 2 months and pretty seriously for 2 months before I found my 07 thunder gray/ gray car. Spent a lot of time on the net and many hours checking Craigslist and auto trader apps 2-4 times per day. Car was in great shape, no dings or chips, perfect interior and clean car fax but about 15k more miles than I wanted ideally. It is still under power train warranty however and was the color I wanted most so went for it. Car was delivered 10/06 and sold 3/09. First services were yearly oil changes and battery replacements at less than 250 miles heh.

G'luck on the search
Fej

izcain
01-14-13, 10:29 PM
They can ship it to you. When it gets there and if you do not like it send it back no strings attach.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadillac-CTS-WE-FINANCE-2004-CADILLAC-CTS-V-6SPEED-SUNROOF-NAV-HEATED-SEATS-21K-TEXAS-DIRECT-AUTO-/400383233985?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item5d38b34fc1#ht_24534wt_1165

That looks like a nice car. Hard to buy something without looking at it at all! Mileage and condition sure does seem nice though!

Came from WI

Hockeyref
01-14-13, 11:28 PM
That looks like a nice car. Hard to buy something without looking at it at all! Mileage and condition sure does seem nice though!

Came from WI
Yes it's hard to buy without seeing/test-driving. I was fortunate and had a friend who lives just an hour away from where my car was located, and he checked the car out for me. After car fax, check for liens, etc. and many calls and emails back and forth with the owner I bought the car. My suggestion is once you find what seems like the right car, hopefully not too far away, finish all the checking out you can do from home, leave a deposit on your credit card so you can get it back if necessary, head out there and see it in person. I have a close relative who buys cars long distance all the time, he used to buy private but now pretty much sticks with reputable dealerships, easier to pay a touch more and have some reassurance and some recourse if there are problems.

rand49er
01-15-13, 11:16 AM
Our craigslist usually has several in it at any one point in time, but today I could only find one: http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/cto/3484455996.html

I think you need to wait a few months till spring. This is a bad time of year to be used-car shopping at least in the snowbelt.

thebigjimsho
01-15-13, 12:25 PM
Our craigslist usually has several in it at any one point in time, but today I could only find one: http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/cto/3484455996.html

I think you need to wait a few months till spring. This is a bad time of year to be used-car shopping at least in the snowbelt.

No kidding. I've had almost zero response on my '09.

I'm already planning to buy your V when you get your ATS-V...

Isaacs
01-15-13, 06:10 PM
I'm considering selling mine since I rarely drive it and now we have two car payments...'06 V, silver w gry interior, 2nd owner, 60k miles, Volant intake, Corsa, no cats, dyno'd 383whp, FG2's, DSS 1000hp axles, new motor mounts, diff bushing, fresh fluids, ss lines, hawk pads, new michelin supersports. Probably ask around $22k

izcain
01-15-13, 06:16 PM
Biggest problem seems to be people not answering phone or emails. I have turned up a few so I am awaiting response from them now.

I can understand what some of the sellers are going thru since I just went through this since I just sold the DD before beginning my hunt. It was a fairly rare car that most were either wrecked or theft recoverys and mine was perfectly clean with no title blems.

ls6v
01-15-13, 08:10 PM
If these cars are anything like women, the harder you look the harder they are to find...and once you have one, there will be three or four others beggin' for a ride...

JDB
01-15-13, 08:11 PM
Everything is for sale, for the right price.

rand49er
01-15-13, 11:31 PM
No kidding. I've had almost zero response on my '09.

I'm already planning to buy your V when you get your ATS-V...We've got dozens of '09-'12 CTS-Vs showing up in craigslist right now. I don't know the market, really, but it doesn't appear to be much discounting as of yet.

izcain
01-16-13, 02:41 AM
Everything is for sale, for the right price.

so true!

acaringnihilist
01-16-13, 07:22 AM
My '07 will be for sale just after tax time, but could be earlier. Where are you located?

izcain
01-16-13, 12:20 PM
Washington state

soulja
01-16-13, 04:18 PM
I'd be willing to sale mine for the right price. Thinking of going to the V2 later this year.
05 with 80k Miles (24k on Engine), Maggie MP112, CS 8.8 Kit with Cobra Diff, Upgraded fuel pump w/Racetronix harness, CS Motor Mounts, B&M Shifter (467rwhp/427rwtq).

JD03Cobra
01-16-13, 04:53 PM
^^ that looks sweet! And you never show up to the dream cruise :stirpot:

izcain
01-16-13, 04:55 PM
Whats the riight price?

You install another engine then I take it?

soulja
01-16-13, 04:58 PM
^^ that looks sweet! And you never show up to the dream cruise :stirpot:

Haha! Yeah. I did however go on the CTS-V/Corvette Fall Cruise.

----------

Whats the riight price?

You install another engine then I take it?

The engine was replaced under warranty by the previous owner.

izcain
01-16-13, 05:00 PM
Ah I see well if you are interested in selling maybe send me a pm with what you would want for it.

soulja
01-16-13, 05:16 PM
Ah I see well if you are interested in selling maybe send me a pm with what you would want for it.

PM Sent

izcain
01-16-13, 11:24 PM
Beautiful car.

kpowers05
01-16-13, 11:47 PM
Thinking about selling mine soon to go V2 but #1 I am on the opposite side of the country and #2 it does not sound like my car is really what you are looking for.

izcain
01-17-13, 01:04 AM
Traveling is cool as long as the car is the right deal. I talked with two more people in the last two days from craigslist both of which after phone conversations were going to send more photos and what not but haven't I guess some people are not that motivated to sell.

dangrus
01-17-13, 11:04 PM
I think your talking to them is bringing them into reality that they will soon be with out their V and they realized they are not ready for that.

As for selling a performance car in winter, it is usually only done when you are desperate. From my experience,either you can't afford the car, you already bought the next dream car, or the car is having issues and you are sick of it. So according to that, your more then likely to get a great deal or a bad deal... or ofcourse neither one and get a normal deal.

izcain
01-18-13, 12:13 AM
I agree with you. It's like they are just toying with the idea of selling it so they post up and when someone answers they start to back pedal lol

soulja
01-18-13, 11:21 AM
I agree with you. It's like they are just toying with the idea of selling it so they post up and when someone answers they start to back pedal lol

Well, for what it's worth, I didn't backpedal. My price was not in your range. Which is cool.

izcain
01-18-13, 11:58 AM
Oh I know I was only referring to the Craigslist ads I replied to nothing with anyone on here!

JLee50
01-19-13, 08:48 PM
If I end up buying a house in the next 3 weeks (under contract, waiting for appraisal) I will consider selling mine. Black/black 04 with sunroof, between 75k and 80k miles. It'll have a new water pump, too. :P

SVT Lurch
01-21-13, 10:11 PM
It took me 6 months to find mine, and I had to go get it from Utah (I'm in Texas). It was definitely worth the wait, although now I'm starting the process over searching for a V2 so mine will be for sale in a few months when I find the next one.