: Disable auto headlights when parked in garage?

adamjeeps
01-14-13, 04:56 PM
Is there a way to turn off the auto headlights? I don't want my hid's turning on every time in the dim garage as it is unnecessary wear on the lights and motors. I am talking about in the morning at home. Only thing that might work is leaving the switch set to the parking lights so the HID's will not turn on when starting in the morning.

TheCaptain
01-15-13, 06:22 AM
That's the only thing that will work. But, just so you know, the motors run a test every time the vehicle starts, lights on or not. If you have somebody else start the vehicle (not command), and watch the headlights (in the day so the lights don't come on) you can see it go through its cycle.

adamjeeps
01-15-13, 08:13 AM
Thanks Captain. I didn't know that about the motors. Guess it will just have to be "it is what it is." Am I allowed to rant that the RX 350 we traded in had an off and an auto setting for the headlights? :)

sube5186
01-16-13, 04:39 PM
Am I allowed to rant that the RX 350 we traded in had an off and an auto setting for the headlights? :)

Yeah, but it wasn't half as "gorgeous" as your SRX. :D: :thumbsup:

Sube

swgyoooo
01-18-13, 07:58 AM
I know you are looking for a hard "OFF" switch, but a quick click of the headlamp switch dial to the left completely turns off Auto Headlights. You have to do it every ignition cycle, but it might solve your problem.

adamjeeps
01-18-13, 08:38 AM
I'd rather burn the hid's for a few minutes than a couple seconds. I will test it though and see if it can be done to where the lights don't come on.

Ufgators
02-05-13, 01:41 PM
Turn the light knob to the left, you should get a confirmation message saying auto lights off

ATC
02-05-13, 01:49 PM
I use the parking lights in my Corvette to keep the HIDs off on startup in the garage. It may run a test, but the HIDs do not light. Even for a second.