: New Headlight Assembly

hwilliams555
01-12-13, 07:51 PM
When purchasing a new headlight assembly from the dealer do any bulbs come in the assembly. Any idea on the cost of bulbs. I am having my headlight assembly replaced under warranty (moisture in assembly). If I do not replace the low beam can I replace it without removing assembly from the vehicle. I think to replace the high beam, the signal , and daytime running lights you have to remove the bumper. 2010 SRX

TheCaptain
01-13-13, 09:02 AM
I don't believe bulbs would be included in an assembly.

And if you have small enough hands you don't need to remove the bumper to change the lights.

If this is done under warranty, the dealer should be taking care of all the replacement for you...

bwclemons
01-13-13, 10:18 AM
You will get nothing but the plastic assembly. All of the bulbs, ballasts, if you have HID's, etc. need to be changed out of your current headlight assy. If you are doing it yourself you may want to get a used one from ebay with all of the bulbs in place. If it is really under warranty then they will do everything for you and insert new bulbs. And yes, if they are changing the whole assembly then they need to remove the front bumper cover. If you are only replacing a bulb it can be done without removing the bumper. All new bulbs will probally cost around $30 to $40. If you want a different bulb inserted for the low beams they will probally replace the ones you want, if you supply them, when they replace the headlight unit.

adamjeeps
01-14-13, 11:35 AM
Do not pay a penny for the fix if you are covered by warranty.