Cadillac Owners Forum banner

The Aviator (no not the Lincoln)

762 views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  danbuc 
#1 ·
Just wanted to recommend this to you guys, I just saw it and its a terrific movie. Kind of "A beautiful mind-ish" type movie, and its one of those that really makes me see the little bit of myself in the character. It was awesome to see that huge albatross of a plane he perservered to build even through his trying mental illness. Seeing that huge plane made me think of Cadillacs and why we build some of the best cars in the world too!. Kinda like a big Caddy of the air.

#3 ·
mmmmm.....Spruce Goose.....hehe. I love that plane. :D I've been meaning to go see that, but haven't had the chance. I did catch the documentary on the History Channel about him. That plane he built to break the world speed record was pretty cool looking. It's a shame he developed Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, just think what he could have accomplished if he hadn't become a recluse, living in hotels. :helpless:

#4 ·
danbuc said:
mmmmm.....Spruce Goose.....hehe. I love that plane. :D I've been meaning to go see that, but haven't had the chance. I did catch the documentary on the History Channel about him. That plane he built to break the world speed record was pretty cool looking. It's a shame he developed Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, just think what he could have accomplished if he hadn't become a recluse, living in hotels. :helpless:
Did they say whether he really survived two plane crashes?

#8 ·
RealmCenter said:
Anyone seen Flight of the Phoenix yet? It looks like they took the original movie and added all the crappy Hollywood glitz to it (haven't seen it yet). BTW the original was a pretty cool movie.
Loved the original Flight of the Phoenix! Awsome movie! 1966?

Ian, I can't stand that Leonardo Decaprio for some reason. It's like he never left puberty or something. He's overrated imo but I'm sure it's a good movie.

I want to see that Sky Captain movie with Jude Law as I hear it's good also.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.