: STS door microswitches identified, need supplier

ottawagta
01-12-13, 04:19 PM
Hi all,

I'm replacing my door handle microswitches( driver's side), and decided to use the old ones to see what make they are.

Once I removed and loosened the potting from the black plastic housing, I was able to remove them by pushing them though, they are only held in place by the potting.

They are made by Saia-Burgess, microswitch style L16. The order number is L16T85 or F6T85.

I have been unable to find a distributor who sells them, unless they are not for sale to the common man.

Anyone else able to get any leads?

Thanks,

Eric

Subsailor613
01-12-13, 04:38 PM
Can you post a picture(s) ?
BTW, this forum is ONLY for 2005-2012 STS's !

ottawagta
01-12-13, 05:02 PM
I'll try some pics later.

Need to update my profile, I now have a 2006 STS 1SF.

----------

If I lived in the States, I wouldn't have even bothered doing this, since the housing assembly it comes with is around $100 USD. Here in Canada it's $212.

ddalder
01-12-13, 05:44 PM
If I lived in the States, I wouldn't have even bothered doing this, since the housing assembly it comes with is around $100 USD. Here in Canada it's $212.
Ah yes, another member who knows the pain of GM's Canadian part pricing strategy. On average, parts are usually about twice the US cost despite our dollar being very near or above parity for years now. I like and want to support Canadian business, but with this vast a difference, it's hard to do.

----------

Also, if this switch is a proprietary part made for GM you won't find anyone that will sell it to you. If it's a regular stock part you might have a chance.

RippyPartsDept
01-12-13, 05:47 PM
If you Canucks can come up with a us shipping address for me to ship to I can sell to you at discounted us prices. In case you didn't know.

ottawagta
01-12-13, 05:49 PM
Ddalder, well, Saia-Burgess sell some parts to the public, but they also make automotive sub assemblies (like the one in question). I just hope the microswitches are available to the public.

ddalder
01-12-13, 05:52 PM
I thought you probably could, Rippy. I do purchase most of my big ticket items from a GM dealer in the US and have them shipped to me here in Canada. Most people however either don't know how to do this, or won't go to that much trouble so they continue to visit their local parts department. Is there something in your franchise agreement with GM that you can't ship to Canada direct, or is it just a dealership policy?

RippyPartsDept
01-12-13, 06:26 PM
Our policy. If you want to send me a shipping label and take care of the shipping all on your own that would work. Management here just doesn't want to invest into (or deal with) international shipping.