: What coil overs do I have?

tshort
01-11-13, 08:00 PM
My front driver shock was leaking oil so I cross referenced the shock numbers and ordered a new shock. Well, after pulling the shock (actually it's a coil-over) it appears I've probably something custom. I'll try and post a picture of it below but if it doesn't come out, it is a Sachs shock 6MH 25772234 with Ebach springs and a coil over threaded perch attached. There doesn't appear to be any way to remove the threaded perch from the shock to use with the new one.

Anybody know what I have and how to get a replacement?
Thanks!

darkman
01-11-13, 08:20 PM
The threaded perch looks like a Ground Control setup. The shock number does not match what I show for an FE4, but does match a listing for a CTS shock.
http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/index.html

tshort
01-11-13, 08:26 PM
The top 'cap' on the shock, above the threaded perch, will that pop off or is that pressed on holding the internals in?

darkman
01-11-13, 08:37 PM
The top 'cap' on the shock, above the threaded perch, will that pop off or is that pressed on holding the internals in?

If you go to the link in previous post and click on Suspension/Steering - there is a list of artcles including on installing the Ground Control system with pictures. There are also articles with shock-related part numbers.

tshort
01-11-13, 09:03 PM
I'll do that. Thanks a bunch!

tshort
01-11-13, 11:56 PM
Cool...the top 'hat' just pops off and I was able to adapt the threaded perch to the new shock. Back in business!