: New Owner

Chris Ashford
01-11-13, 03:42 PM
Hi all,
Just got back from putting a deposit down on an '07 STS-V. Really looking forward to this car.
I live in Montreal, Canada and will need winter tires by law if I want to drive between Dec 15 and March 15.
I found a set if gen1 CTS-V rims and tires at a reasonable price but hope to make sure they fit.
6-Lug CTS-V with 235-60-18 on them.
Will the different offset be an issue?
Will the almost 2 inch diameter increase do anything other than throw the speedo out?
Thanks all
Chris

1madstsv
01-11-13, 04:49 PM
I think they will work but my Stsv was the worst car ever in snow our cold roads for that matter. My corvette goes much better than the v. I sold my v and the new owner got stuck in the snow in less than 2in. Two weeks after I sold it.

r1concepts
01-11-13, 04:57 PM
Welcome to the site! You'll find everything you need to know right on here.

Chris Ashford
01-11-13, 05:29 PM
Ya I don't expect 469 hp to be great in snow but I figure it will be ok on nice days if driven reasonably.

PGA2B
01-11-13, 07:02 PM
Welcome Chris!

I understand Blizzaks work very well and they are made in stock rear and stock front fitments if you are interested. I drove my car in the winters in Kansas City with my Hankook Ventus V-12's. I DON'T recommend it though. Only time I got stuck was at the end of my own driveway because my driveway got plowed under by my favorite snow plow......

ChurchSTSV
01-12-13, 11:56 AM
Welcome!!

wake
01-12-13, 02:04 PM
Welcome!

I'm a recent 07 owner myself and love this car. I too am looking at what kind of tires I'll be putting on for winter time duties. Most likely I'll end up with some highly rated all season tires as I don't want to swap tires and wheels around.

So far I'm leaning toward the Continental Extreme DWS.

I also have a winter beater for light snow days and an AWD SUV for those heavier days. Most of my concern for the V comes from getting caught in unexpected snow while at work and having to drive home in it.

carter's_sts
01-13-13, 12:43 AM
I have the DWSs. Good tire.