: R1 VIC displays on DIC

04cts v
01-11-13, 01:46 PM
New to this forum and the CTS-V owner's world, so appreciate your patience and help.

When I start up my V, I receive an R1 VIC message on my driver information center...sometimes I have to press the OK button to acknowledge the message, and other times it will stay on for 10 seconds or so then move onto the next screen on its own.

What does the R1 VIC message mean?

Thanks

Faber
01-11-13, 01:55 PM
Haven't seen it or heard it mentioned on here yet. You do a search?

Isaacs
01-11-13, 02:20 PM
It is possibly the previous owners driver #1 setting name?? Was his name Vic by chance? What name appears when you press the #2 settings on the drivers door? What name is displayed when you press #1 again?

silentwig
01-11-13, 02:33 PM
Mine said "suk my ballz" when I got mine. Person probably likes the R1 sportbike and his name is vic.

I changed my welcome screen to "Welcome inside me."

If you want to change it, turn the ignition to "ON" aka the dash lights come on check engine lights, fuel pump, etc. Just dont turn it over. Then select driver 1 or 2 and customize your whip.

04cts v
01-11-13, 02:57 PM
Thanks Isaacs and Silentwig...that is exactly what it was...previous personalization name...now changed to something better.

barrok69
01-11-13, 03:15 PM
Mine says " PEN15 "

253ctsv
01-11-13, 03:35 PM
Mine said "suk my ballz" when I got mine. Person probably likes the R1 sportbike and his name is vic.

If you want to change it, turn the ignition to "ON" aka the dash lights come on check engine lights, fuel pump, etc. Just dont turn it over. Then select driver 1 or 2 and customize your whip.

Sounds like someone bought a repo haha

Isaacs
01-12-13, 09:22 AM
I see potential for a good thread..Your DIC welcome name.

mstrjon32
01-12-13, 10:04 AM
Mine said "Drive Safe Ann" when I bought it. Now it says "GPS Theft Recovery ON." I might not have lojack, but maybe it will make some schmuck think twice if he tries to steal my car.

RyRidesMotoX
01-12-13, 10:35 AM
That's an awesome idea about the LoJack thing.

mstrjon32
01-12-13, 11:49 AM
That's an awesome idea about the LoJack thing.

Everyone who gets into the car always asks me if it actually has it when they see that.

kerberos
01-12-13, 12:20 PM
"The Dude Abides"

UnsafeAtAnySpd
01-13-13, 02:41 PM
lol. I never thought of the possibilities if you were to sell the car...

Mrs.LS6
01-13-13, 03:58 PM

Lolololololololol

----------

that's an awesome idea about the lojack thing.

x2!!