: Converting Deville seat to ULTIMATE-Powered desktop chair

steve zanet
01-10-13, 01:43 PM
I have a 1998 Cadillac Deville 8 way power seat.I would like to disconnect the power seat to work independently from an external source and then mount it onto a heavy duty chair platform. I want use this chair as ultimate desk chair. I have a super heavy duty support frame made out of 24 gauge steel and heavy duty gas cylinder sitting on 5 leg exec base that will hold up to 850 lbs. I know it sounds crazy but its only solution years shitty office chairs. I could easily just use the chair and mount it but thats too easy and besides who the hell else will have a luxury chair like this with the elecs working? THIS WILL ROCK if I can overide the cp. . Ive looked over web noone seems be attempting what doing. The seat is built like a battleship-unlike 99% of all desk chairs.
It will propably have to be rewired somehow and a schematic of the power seat would help obviously. :) Thanks if you can point me in the right direction

ElectricAvalanche
02-21-13, 04:08 PM
Hello Steve; the hardest thing I think will be mounting the seat the way you described. I mounted a 1997 Buick Riviera burgundy leather all power with heat to a wooden base .I just hooked up the power lead that plugged into the cars harness to a 12 Volt power pack. I have a fully functional seat . I recharge the power pack about once each month or so depending on the amount of times the heat is turned on .Mine is in the man cave and is moveable but not what you could call portable "no wheels". It has been working now for going on six years. The grand kids still love to get in it for the ride. Ed M.

Tony Alvarado
03-28-13, 09:38 AM
That's a b'dass idea.

dvo816
04-21-13, 05:30 PM
I will be following this closely! Perfect man-cave project...