: Ls6

the blur
01-10-13, 01:06 AM
Can you still get a crate motor for the 2004 LS6 replacements ? Just curious as I heard the corvette guys are having a hard time getting motors.

darkman
01-10-13, 07:08 AM
My research indicates that a new LS6 from General Motors, Part No. 89017653, is no longer available. There may be some units remaining in the downstream distribution pipeline and there are remanufactured units on the aftermarket. Other LS engines, of course, can be used in LS6 Vs with certain modifications.

FoD
01-10-13, 07:17 AM
I have not found one left from a GM vendor. Plenty of aftermarket solutions.

the blur
01-10-13, 07:40 AM
What are the aftermarket solutions ? please explain.

AAIIIC
01-10-13, 08:01 AM
When I went searching about a year and a half ago, newgmengines.com was able to scrounge up a new long block for me (PN 19210918). Based on my discussions with them, it sounded like they were really scraping the bottom of the barrel to turn up a new motor like that. I know there are some C5 Z06 racers out there that have engines stashed away - I talked to one guy who had 3, but he wanted over $6k for one, so I passed on that option. But if you can find somebody that races a Z06 you might able to find something that way.

I believe I've read that Texas Speed takes aluminum 5.3L blocks and bores them out to make new LS6 duplicates. And one can do an LS2 or LS3, but there's more work involved as far electronics - you can find info about that on LS1tech.com.

SC2150
01-10-13, 09:42 AM
You can purchase any build you want from us built to your specs, or look at Jegs or Scoggins dicky:

http://www.jegs.com/p/Chevrolet-Performance/Chevrolet-Performance-53L-327HP-High-Output-Engine/956505/10002/-1

Cheap, great power, and the 5.3 with the lower CR is a natural to supercharge or turbocharge.

They are cathedral port heads so all assy's will swap and the relucter wheel should be the same amount of teeth as the LS6 and the cam position sensor is in the rear as well so all sensors etc. are a direct swap.

This would be the best budget approach.

:thumbsup:

AAIIIC
01-10-13, 09:57 AM
You can purchase any build you want from us built to your specs...
Who is "us"? The label under your name says you're an authorized vendor, but with no signature on your post and no website linked to your profile it's hard to know who you are.

SC2150
01-10-13, 10:30 AM
Sorry.... www.RevXtreme.com

941-721-1826

I am trying to figure out how to add it. I put the info in and save it, but it dosent show.

I did get our avatar picture to.....will keep trying.

:thumbsup: