: Seat speaker blown?

brock123
01-09-13, 11:32 PM
Has anybody else had issues with their inseat speakers next to the headrest? I've only had my xts a week and i noticed it two days in. It's especially noticible during talk radio when their isn't low end to drown it out. Wondering if its a widespread problem or just unlucky?

Cadillac Cust Svc
01-10-13, 10:34 AM
I'm sorry to hear you've been experiencing this, brock123! If you would like any assistance working with your dealer to resolve this concern, email me anytime at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert. I'm always happy to contact your dealer on your behalf and explore your next best steps with you.

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

CoffeeCan
01-12-13, 10:11 AM
There is a repair for this and GM is aware, has issued a bulletin to its dealers also. Ours is sending a repair kit that consists of a screw according to the service writer. The loaner car I drove yesterday also had the problem but in the other seat. Also had the headlights adjusted as I was getting oncoming car attention too often.

Caddy Daddy.com
01-12-13, 08:23 PM
Has anybody else had issues with their inseat speakers next to the headrest? I've only had my xts a week and i noticed it two days in. It's especially noticible during talk radio when their isn't low end to drown it out. Wondering if its a widespread problem or just unlucky?

Mine has a vibrating noise sometimes. Certain music mostly on XM. I do have my bass set a little up and treble close to high. Daddy

longslim
01-13-13, 02:09 AM
My issue is with the rear speaker volume. I had couple in the car and they both said rear speaker are very muddy. They also said the bass was over powering. I tried adjust to the treble, bass and balance but no real difference. I had never ridden in the back seat, since we got the car so I had no idea sound quality was bad. I have the luxury model so maybe the eight speaker placement has something to do with it. Does anyone know the placement for the speakers and if possible could I upgrade them?

Caddymania
01-16-13, 04:55 AM
I have a Platinum edition and have distortion problems from one or more speakers. It's not consistent. I haven't been able to pinpoint exactly which speaker, although it seems like it's coming from behind me. I'm hesitant to take it in for this until I have isolated the problem and can reproduce it on demand.

cblove
01-16-13, 12:54 PM
I have not checked but most stereos allow you to change which speakers the sound eminates from.
Have you tried that to isolate the faulty speaker?

Caddymania
01-17-13, 03:32 AM
I have not checked but most stereos allow you to change which speakers the sound eminates from.
Have you tried that to isolate the faulty speaker?

I spent some time today moving the sound from left to right and front to back on a talk station, where the distortion is much more apparent. I did isolate the problem and it is both of the speakers in the top of driver's seat. That issue was described earlier in this thread. Now all I need is the service bulletin number. Anyone?

stlxts
01-24-13, 08:11 PM
I have same problem. Seems to involve 3 of 4 speakers. Anyone taken there's in for this.

cblove
01-24-13, 09:42 PM
I am taking my xts in Monday for the 1st oil change and 5 cue updates. When I drop it off I will have
them research recalls. They need it for a full day for the cue updates and they are providing a loaner.

I registered the vehicle by vin with my.cadillac.com and the only recall was the rear headrests.
There was no recall on my vin for door handles or speakers. The last login was a few moments ago.

Caddy Daddy.com
01-24-13, 09:49 PM
I am taking my xts in Monday for the 1st oil change and 5 cue updates. When I drop it off I will have
them research recalls. They need it for a full day for the cue updates and they are providing a loaner.

I registered the vehicle by vin with my.cadillac.com and the only recall was the rear headrests. My last login was a few moments ago.

I was in the car audio business for years. 1st guess is wrong crossover letting too much bass to buzz speaker. DADDY

cblove
01-24-13, 10:18 PM
I was in the car audio business for years. 1st guess is wrong crossover letting too much bass to buzz speaker. DADDY

I have not noticed a speaker problem or door handle problem. I checked the doors and speakers.
Doors handles are good and unless my hearing is poor, the speakers seem fine as well. ;)

Pjazz
02-03-13, 01:40 AM
I've noticed sometimes a bad audio source or recording can cause distortion.

jeffpaletz
02-03-13, 04:15 PM
That's true. When testing speakers use a high quality audio source. XM is not high quality because they limit the bandwidth available to each channel. News and talk channels are the worst. Music is just fair. A good FM station sounds much better than XM. CDs offer the best sound quality and are the best way to test your speakers.

Caddymania
02-04-13, 05:19 AM
I'm not convinced it is just the quality of the audio source. I have had the high-end bose systems on the past four cars, deville touring sedans (before the alphabet soup) and STSes. I never had this problem before with any audio source. And on the XTS I have it on every source at times. Some sources and types of stations are worse than others. I have not tried a CD, however. I use the lossless format on my iPod. The dealership tried changing the speakers on the driver's seat, but this did not resolve the problem so they changed them back.

Caddy Daddy.com
02-05-13, 10:24 PM
I'm not convinced it is just the quality of the audio source. I have had the high-end bose systems on the past four cars, deville touring sedans (before the alphabet soup) and STSes. I never had this problem before with any audio source. And on the XTS I have it on every source at times. Some sources and types of stations are worse than others. I have not tried a CD, however. I use the lossless format on my iPod. The dealership tried changing the speakers on the driver's seat, but this did not resolve the problem so they changed them back.

It is not just the audio source. I have great hearing and for many years helped educated car stereo customers what ignore end audio was all about. Cadillac must figure this one out. Daddy

----------

It is not just the audio source. I have great hearing and for many years helped educated car stereo customers what ignore end audio was all about. Cadillac must figure this one out. Daddy

I must figure out how to edit. What I was trying to say was educated high end car stereo customers what great sound was all about.

CoffeeCan
02-06-13, 08:11 PM
There is an issue and GM will need to step up to the plate on this one. It is not something that can be addressed through a satelite. If they need our help we are here.....

longslim
02-08-13, 06:36 PM
Went to dealership for some recall item today. I had them look at the rear speaker and why the sound was so bad. They agree it was bad and even went to another XTS to verify if it was just my car. Well they said we are not able to repair or correct the issue and your just sool. The sub woofer is over powering the rear speaker and all you hear is a low rumble. The rear has almost no sound quality at all what a joke for a $50k car to have such bad audio quality. I've had the car over five months and if my kids weren't riding back there and told me I'd never known about the problem. I escalate a case with customer care hopefully we get a fix or repair for this issue.

stlxts
02-09-13, 05:06 PM
Sitting in back right now. Stereo sound all from front. Is thus because there are no speakers behind me. Glad no one sits here regularly. Sound good fort front two seats. Buzz from seat speakers at times when there its talk.

----------

Sitting in back right now. Stereo sound all from front. Is thus because there are no speakers behind me. Glad no one sits here regularly. Sound good fort front two seats. Buzz from seat speakers at times when there its talk only.

CoffeeCan
03-05-13, 08:05 PM
Our Friendly Dealer confirmed that they had detected a defect in our seat speakers at the first scheduled service so we are excited to see the promised repair next week when we return our daily driver for its 14,000 mile service. Thats alot of reverb when your listening to Rush...

Caddymania
03-06-13, 03:02 AM
Please let us know what solution the dealer is doing. Mine changed the speakers, but that did not solve the problem.

Cadillac Cust Svc
03-06-13, 11:25 AM
CoffeeCan, I also am looking forward to your updates! If you would like any assistance working with your dealership, don't hesitate to email me at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com.

Caddymania, I'm on hand to explore your next best steps as well; so, please do get in touch with me anytime if you would like further assistance along the way.

Best,

Katie

longslim
03-07-13, 12:03 AM
Which speaker did they change, my dealer want do anything.

snellor
03-07-13, 09:50 AM
I'm getting ready to pick up my new XTS Premium this weekend. Curious about the car build dates for those of you who have experienced this speaker issue. Wondering if I'm in for the same problem, or if it has been corrected on cars with later build dates. I don't know the build date on mine yet, but how would I find that out?

Would be a real bummer if this is a fleetwide issue since the 14 speaker surround sound is one of the main reasons I bought a Premium instead of a Luxury! I have the 15 speaker surround sound on the STS I'm trading in and it rocks!!
Thanks

Blake
03-07-13, 08:05 PM
I had the Bose 5.1 on the STS and now I have the 14 speaker version on XTS and the STS was way better. Really disappointed as it was also a primary reason for the premium upgrade. Like many others getting the buzz, really disappointing since one of my favorite commute activities is old time radio on XM which is almost un-listenable. Will see if dealer can fix?
I figured I paid about $4K extra for adaptive headlights (don’t need), Hud (too distracting-turned it off), Reconfigurable dash (was fun for a week…maybe two), and tri zone climate (not needed). I could have easily gone the luxury with Driver awareness Pkg and Navigation upgrade to CUE and save 4K…but had to have that 14 spkr Bose Sound system…wish I had spent more time with radio on test drive!

Forner Benz
03-07-13, 09:19 PM
Seat speakers are a known issue... Had my XTS4 Platinum in for other issues, and they replaced all 4 seat speakers... I heard the mild buzzing on talk radio stations, but didn't even bring it in for that. Apparently there is a service bulletin or recall for this issue. Interestingly, they also replaced the actual CUE system, part of another SB/recall.... The only noticeable diference is a new icon for the climate control, but I believe this was a result of a software update, not the new CUE unit.

cblove
03-13-13, 05:08 PM
Recall is #13004. Front seat mounted speaker buzz. Dealership gave me document id 3291720 among
others when I dropped it off for the cue upgrade.

The bulletin provides a service procedure to replace the fasteners and the bezel for the front seat mounted speakers on certain 2013 model year cadillac XTS that are equipped with front seat mounted speakers
(UQS). The fasteners may loose clamp load and cause a buzz noise, especially when listening to stations
with talk radio.

CoffeeCan
03-26-13, 08:51 PM
Katie, I believe we need your assistance here. I have not been able to resolve this issue and honestly it hurts your ears...Our dealer had this vehicle for a week and returned the vehicle with promised repairs that did not correct the problem. Very disappointed with the service received this week in Texas... Any assistance would be more than appreciated. Thank you.

Cadillac Cust Svc
03-27-13, 09:50 AM
Katie, I believe we need your assistance here. I have not been able to resolve this issue and honestly it hurts your ears...Our dealer had this vehicle for a week and returned the vehicle with promised repairs that did not correct the problem. Very disappointed with the service received this week in Texas... Any assistance would be more than appreciated. Thank you.

Coffeecan, I'm so sorry to hear your disappointment has continued. If you would like us to look into the matter further for you, please send me a private message with the last eight of your VIN and we can research your next best steps. If you prefer discussing the matter via the phone, then I urge you to contact my helpful colleagues at our Cadillac Customer Assistance Center for immediate assistance (800-458-8006, open Mon to Sat, 8am to 9pm EST). Having the last eight of your VIN would be very helpful in their investigation as well!

Best,

Katie

CoffeeCan
03-28-13, 08:55 AM
Thanks Katie, I sent the message this morning. Looking forward to a possible solution.

cblove
04-01-13, 05:58 PM
Update:

After having campaign 13004 (replace driver and passenger seat speaker screws and bezel), I noticed today while on a talk radio station the dreaded buzz. I called the dealership and they informed me that they had heard from others that campaign 13004 did not fix the issue. Forner Benz, did the speaker replacement fix the issue. If so, I will press for that.

cblove
04-06-13, 06:21 PM
Dealership called to tell me another xts is coming in and they are replacing all 4 speakers. If that solves the problem, they will order new speakers for me.

CoffeeCan
04-22-13, 07:23 PM
Does anyone have a success story for this thread. I am on attempt number 4 to correct this issue and it is like talking to a four year old when dealing with GM. I will leave it at that.

CoffeeCan
04-24-13, 02:24 PM
Took the XTS to a second dealer on Monday and they called today with a theory that the dreaded seat buzz is being caused by rear window tinting done by the dealer that sold us the car. I wasn't even aware that we had tint on the rear window. Service writer states that the antenna is in the rear window glass and that the tint is responsible for the seat speaker buzz. If he is correct, and I hope he is, maybe we have the issue solved for all affected. I'm not making this up either. Now if I can simply get the original dealer to remove the tinting. Fingers and toes crossed.

Caddy Daddy.com
04-24-13, 10:38 PM
Took the XTS to a second dealer on Monday and they called today with a theory that the dreaded seat buzz is being caused by rear window tinting done by the dealer that sold us the car. I wasn't even aware that we had tint on the rear window. Service writer states that the antenna is in the rear window glass and that the tint is responsible for the seat speaker buzz. If he is correct, and I hope he is, maybe we have the issue solved for all affected. I'm not making this up either. Now if I can simply get the original dealer to remove the tinting. Fingers and toes crossed.

Where do they come up with these ideas? WILD CARD. Daddy

nstar
04-25-13, 08:40 PM
where's "cadillac cust service" poster!!!

CoffeeCan
04-25-13, 09:27 PM
Fifty Five thousand dollars away.

cblove
05-04-13, 08:07 AM
I was told by my service advisor that the xts they replaced the speakers on did not solve the problem. I have already had the campaign done to change the bracket and screws and I still have the buzz during talk shows. Advisor suggested I bring the car in Monday as he believes the speaker or brackets are not seated properly. He wants to have another go at it. I will update when the car is returned.

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-04-13, 11:33 PM
I was told by my service advisor that the xts they replaced the speakers on did not solve the problem. I have already had the campaign done to change the bracket and screws and I still have the buzz during talk shows. Advisor suggested I bring the car in Monday as he believes the speaker or brackets are not seated properly. He wants to have another go at it. I will update when the car is returned.

Hello cblove,

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your speakers. Update us after your dealership visit! If you have other questions or concerns please let us know.

Sincerely,

Laura M.

cblove
05-05-13, 07:27 PM
Will do Laura.

CoffeeCan
05-21-13, 08:32 PM
Dear Laura M.
IMO...I have delivered my 2013 XTS five times to 2 dealers and the Audio Quality Issue has not been resolved. The dealers have had our car in their bays for 37 days...Date of sale Nov 1, 2013. I have driven loaner cars that I would not let my wife drive. If I were you I would look over my resume as you may be thrown under the bus next.

----------

Date of sale Nov 1 2012...

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-22-13, 08:46 AM
Dear Laura M.
IMO...I have delivered my 2013 XTS five times to 2 dealers and the Audio Quality Issue has not been resolved. The dealers have had our car in their bays for 37 days...Date of sale Nov 1, 2013. I have driven loaner cars that I would not let my wife drive. If I were you I would look over my resume as you may be thrown under the bus next.

----------

Date of sale Nov 1 2012...

Hello CoffeeCan,

I am sorry for the issues at the dealer you have been experiencing. I understand how this can be frustrating with such a new vehicle. I would like to hear more about this and discuss your concerns. If you private message me, we can further discuss everything. Please include the name of both dealerships and their location, your contact information (full name, address, Email, phone number) and VIN.

Regards,

Laura M.

CoffeeCan
08-02-13, 12:14 PM
Bejaip, If you have read the entire post this might shed some light on your subwoofer rattle. Unfortunately your chances of a resolution are slim as no one has posted a resolution with the assistance of General Motors to date. Hope this helps...

Bejaip
08-02-13, 02:19 PM
I see that coffecan maybe its just me. But it sounds like when you pull up to a car with a loud sound system with huge subs that makes the trunk rattle. maybe i am just to picky. But you would think since Cadillac is the flagship car it would have the best quality sound system

CoffeeCan
10-05-13, 09:34 PM
Brinkmanship...