: High Quality Protection for OE Carpeted Floor Areas

hiznhrz
01-09-13, 10:48 AM
Iím looking for a carpeted ďlinerĒ to protect the floor area of my new SRX. I personally donít care much for look of rubber mats. The Cadillac rubber mats are not terrible but the coverage (and therefore the protection) is poor. In my opinion, the rubber mats that have good coverage do not offer the classy look the SRX deserves.

I have also not had good experiences with rubber mats. I had a name brand set of black rubber mats on gray automotive carpet and the mats permanently discolored the carpet. I had the same experience with brown rubber mats on tan colored carpet.

For my other cars Iíve been able to find a product called Fox Weatherboots. The weather boots are thermoformed ABS plastic liners designed to fit each particular vehicles interior floor area. All surfaces your feet come in contact with are covered with carpet that matches the OE carpet. Fox does not make Weatherboots for the SRX. Does anyone know of a similar product? Does anyone know of any carpeted quality product to protect the floors of the SRX?

Maximumkk
01-11-13, 10:45 PM
Check out Weathertech floor liners. Laser scanned to fit exactly to the footwell profile.

Others have mentioned them in other areas of this forum.

Thanks
Max

Ponyman
01-12-13, 08:11 AM
The weathertech's aren't carpeted. Check out the Catchall mats. They are carpeted, but have a rubber inner liner to hold in moisture. My wife's friend once spilled a Route 44 Sonic drinnk in our old Tahoe, and the Catchall held it all.

Likely
01-12-13, 11:29 AM
I have the weathertech digital floor liners. Like them alot. No carpet for me!!!!

ladypro
01-12-13, 04:13 PM
i saw jay leno on tv promoting lloyds carpeted mats they even engraved his zr1

hiznhrz
01-13-13, 09:19 AM
Check out the Catchall mats. They are carpeted, but have a rubber inner liner to hold in moisture.

This sounds like it's exactly what I'm looking for. I did a google search and there seems to be a NPI Catch-All carpet mat and a Lund Catch-All carpet mat. I'm having trouble finding any web site that says either product will fit a 2012 SRX. Ponyman, thanks for information but do you have any more specifics?

ladypro
01-13-13, 10:55 AM
http://www.carid.com/floor-mats.html?gclid=CJPvj_vK5bQCFY9DMgodDUQA3g from what i read they only fit escalade

Ponyman
01-13-13, 09:19 PM
After looking, unfortunately they are only available for the Escalade. They don't have nearly as good a vehicle seledtion as Weathertech. Too bad, although I bought Weathertech this time, I had Catchall in two previous vehicles, Tahoe, Avalanche, and really liked them. Sorry.

hiznhrz
01-13-13, 09:35 PM
After looking, unfortunately they are only available for the Escalade... Sorry.

No problem Ponyman. Thanks for your attempt to help! :) I'll keep looking.

st4422
01-17-13, 08:58 PM
I just installed Lloyds Ultimats. They are so much better than the factory mats and I was surprised that they use the same factory type grommet mounting system. Others had complained about the under carpet grommet used and how the rivets showed through the carpet. They also cover the small bump just in front of the seats. I'm happy.

300:29:1
01-17-13, 09:37 PM
I just installed Lloyds Ultimats. They are so much better than the factory mats and I was surprised that they use the same factory type grommet mounting system. Others had complained about the under carpet grommet used and how the rivets showed through the carpet. They also cover the small bump just in front of the seats. I'm happy.

Thanks for the detailed pics. The mats look great! I might be tempted to spend for them.

Maximumkk
01-21-13, 10:52 PM
Sorry, I'm an idiot. I miss-read your post as wanting protection for your carpet, not carpeted protection.

Max