: Remote Link to Navigation Issue

jreihsen
01-07-13, 07:29 PM
Has anyone else had any issues sending a destination from their phone (iPhone 4s in my case) to the navigation system? When I attempt this, the phone responds that it has sent the destination, but CUE just says "Recieving destination data..." until we hit the home button which seems to cancel the process.

Other than that, I LOVE our new ATS and the CUE system.

wrtxts
01-07-13, 09:42 PM
The same occurred with my XTS. I called onstar from the car and the tried to push my destination to the car's nav, which didn't work either. When I called them back again, they pushed directions to my car via turn by turn rather that to my nav system and that worked. Still no answer as to why I could not sent from my iPhone 5 or why they could not send to my nav either.

pever
01-07-13, 09:50 PM
I have an iPhone 4S and did not even know you could do the nav thing that you described... (In Canada the Send to OnStar option in MapQuest is NOT available so I learned something good re the app...) So I tested the app like you described and it worked perfectly for me. Loaded right to the destination screen awaiting my pressing GO. I did not try the send to OnStar turn-by-turn alternate though.

Johnfran
01-07-13, 10:36 PM
I had the same problem with my premium XTS. I found out if I don't put in reverse still direction are downloaded it works.

jreihsen
01-08-13, 11:28 AM
I tried it again last night, and it worked after a few tries. This feature would be useful if it could be made reliable. I think htat this might just a little something for the CUE team to add to their update list.

codeman71
01-08-13, 05:03 PM
I'll take a look at it. I've tested the feature before and it worked fine. I'll check it out and see what I get. Anything special or different you are maybe doing when it works vs. when it doesn't work?

danscrim
01-08-13, 10:58 PM
codeman71, maybe this will help:

On my way out of work today I sent directions to the car to my house (which is a valid address that I know CUE has recognized in the past) from the Remote Link app. I got in the car, started it up and waited a couple seconds. As soon as it said "Downloading Destination" with the yellow circle... I shifted into reverse and backed out of my parking spot. The display went to the rear view backup camera. When I shifted back into drive the "Downloading Destination" screen with the still-spinning yellow circle came back. It stayed that way for the next 5 minutes until I gave up and clicked an icon (the navigation one, in fact) and it brought me to the map. It seemed to get stuck in some infinite loop without ever downloading the destination. I've done it other times and had it download the destination in 10-15 seconds... so I knew after a few minutes it wasn't going to work.

Hope this helps diagnose this bug! Thanks for all your help!

jreihsen
01-09-13, 11:41 AM
Thanks Danscrim
That's exactly what I found. I think JohnFran nailed it. You must not activate the backup camera UNTIL it is finished downloading

I had to figure that the"still" in JohnFran's post was really "until" -- dang autocorrect.

kevinr
01-09-13, 04:48 PM
codeman71, maybe this will help:

On my way out of work today I sent directions to the car to my house (which is a valid address that I know CUE has recognized in the past) from the Remote Link app. I got in the car, started it up and waited a couple seconds. As soon as it said "Downloading Destination" with the yellow circle... I shifted into reverse and backed out of my parking spot. The display went to the rear view backup camera. When I shifted back into drive the "Downloading Destination" screen with the still-spinning yellow circle came back. It stayed that way for the next 5 minutes until I gave up and clicked an icon (the navigation one, in fact) and it brought me to the map. It seemed to get stuck in some infinite loop without ever downloading the destination. I've done it other times and had it download the destination in 10-15 seconds... so I knew after a few minutes it wasn't going to work.

Hope this helps diagnose this bug! Thanks for all your help!

+1

Experienced the same behavior under the same conditions (including backing up before download was complete). As I recall, in my case the downloaded destination could be found in the previous destinations list, even though the display was still indicating download in progress.

codeman71
01-11-13, 11:07 AM
I tested this out this morning on my drive with some updated software and once the Downloading Destination screen showed up, I popped it into reverse, backed out of my driveway and then started driving. Once the rear camera image disappeared, the navigation screen was ready to go, I tapped on the GO button, and was off. So, seemed like the issue has been fixed and you should be getting the fix soon.

cdp
01-11-13, 04:19 PM
I tested this out this morning on my drive with some updated software and once the Downloading Destination screen showed up, I popped it into reverse, backed out of my driveway and then started driving. Once the rear camera image disappeared, the navigation screen was ready to go, I tapped on the GO button, and was off. So, seemed like the issue has been fixed and you should be getting the fix soon.

Codeman71. How do we get the fix when it becomes available?