: Bluetooth problem

happyheart927
01-07-13, 04:00 PM
Does anyone know of any problems pairing an IPhone 4 with 2011 SRX? My phone will pair to other vehicles but not my new one?

Cadillac Cust Svc
01-07-13, 07:03 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your pairing frustrations, happyheart! Have you had the opportunity to consult your owners manual yet on this subject? I see your manual instructs that you should "see your cell phone manufacturer's user guide for Bluetooth functions before pairing the cell phone" (page 7-56). I copy/pasted additional pairing information from page 7-52 your owners manual below.

"A Bluetooth phone with MP3
capability cannot be connected to
the vehicle as a phone and an MP3
player at the same time.

The pairing process can be started
by using the voice recognition
system or the controls on the
infotainment system.

Pairing Information:
. Up to five cell phones can be
paired to the Bluetooth system.
. The pairing process is disabled
when the vehicle is moving.
. The Bluetooth system links with
the first available paired cell
phone in the order the phone
was paired.
. Only one paired cell phone can
be connected to the Bluetooth
system at a time.
. Pairing should only need to be
completed once, unless changes
to the pairing information have
been made or the phone is
deleted."

If you continue to have concerns, please email me anytime for further assistance! I'm reachable at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com.

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

happyheart927
01-07-13, 08:22 PM
I used the MP3 on a quick road trip this past weekend and have tried several times and still no luck. I have an appt tomorrow at the local dealership so HOPEFULLY it will work! If not I definitely will contact you and keep you up to date!

sirdan
01-07-13, 10:32 PM
I only get weird issues when my iphone 4s plays all the songs (i only have 10 songs). So after the 10th song, i cant go back or move on. Its just dead stuck and sometimes my contact only has my home address listed and not any of my contacts. weird.. happened 4 times already but happens at random.

GGMiv
01-07-13, 11:25 PM
Does anyone know of any problems pairing an IPhone 4 with 2011 SRX? My phone will pair to other vehicles but not my new one?

I have my iPhone 4 paired with my 2011 SRX. It's paired as a phone. I have never paired it for music. I use my iPod via the usb port in the console for music.

happyheart927
01-08-13, 11:06 AM
So, do you think the iPhone needs to be unpaired as the "music" and then try to pair as the phone? The reason I ask is I tried to pair the phone before using the mp3 and it wouldn't pair. It's at the shop now, I'm hoping they fix it but if they can't I'd like to think of other options just in case.

Huey Driver
01-08-13, 11:24 AM
if previously paired as a music device, it probably needs to be unpaired. if you hadnt previously paired it with the SRX as a music device, it wouldnt matter. I'd also check both the phone and the car, and delete any previous pairings not needed.
The dealer should be able to help walk you through it tho. Seems like that should be a delivery service they would offer to help with.

happyheart927
01-08-13, 03:56 PM
Just got my car back, On Star module has to be replaced. Thanks everyone who replied! :0)

Kelley44P
01-19-13, 06:57 PM
I have a 2010 SRX and my iphone 4S will not pair, when I go through the config-phone settings it shows not available. I took it back to the dealership I purchased from and they said I had to go through on star. I do not plan on buying on star to use my phone. Any suggestions? I have gone through the manual step by step nothing. When I use the talk button on the steerling when and after it says ready I say bluetooth an she says it is not one of my options, say dial ect ect. Really loving my new to me ride but this is a hassel. Thanks

stevec5375
01-20-13, 07:29 AM
I have a 2010 SRX and my iphone 4S will not pair, when I go through the config-phone settings it shows not available. I took it back to the dealership I purchased from and they said I had to go through on star. I do not plan on buying on star to use my phone. Any suggestions? I have gone through the manual step by step nothing. When I use the talk button on the steerling when and after it says ready I say bluetooth an she says it is not one of my options, say dial ect ect. Really loving my new to me ride but this is a hassel. Thanks

How are you trying to pair it? Paring has nothing to do with OnStar. It all happens in the Nav/Radio unit. The 2010 Nav/Radio units are notorious for being defective. I have had mine replaced 2 times and I only have 20K miles on the car. Once I could not pair my Android phone and it was something with the Nav/Radio unit they referred to as a "logic lock".

Kelley44P
01-20-13, 05:47 PM
I was tring to pair the phone through the radio button config- then phone settings then it reads not available. I guess I will take it back to the dealership and have them fix the issue. I also have condensation in one headlight and I read on here that was common for them to have bad seals. Anyway thanks for the info I will mention it to the tech that works on it. We tried another phone different brand an it won't pair either. I notice you have the color of you SRX where did you find it. Please don't say by looking at it. LOL

sirdan
01-25-13, 06:38 AM
SRx 2013- Performance.- When I make a call using my phone, the phone switches to IPHONE and i have to wait until someone picks up in order for me to PUSH CADILLAC to get the conversation back to using the car. Any recommendations?

warnercc
02-01-13, 02:35 PM
So let me get this straight, the iPhone cannot be paired as both a phone device and a music device at the same time? That's not what the salesman indicated when we were looking at the car. We pick it up in the morning and if this is true my life won't be worth living because my wife does this today in her Lincoln with Sync. The only reason I can get her to answer her phone now is because it connects automatically and rings in the car otherwise she has the darn thing in her purse on vibrate and never answers the thing. If she has to screw around switching between modes she is not going to be happy...and that is if I can even get her to understand how to do it. I am stopping at the dealership on the way home......this could be deal breaker.