: 98 sts compatible with 05 sts wheels ?

fastseville
01-06-13, 08:51 PM
Hey guys im visiting your side of the forum, the seville guys cant fiqure out if a 05 sts wheel would fit a 98-04 sts...the specs are almost dead on which is 17x7.5- 5x115 high offset which is what i need...Your input is appreciated..:confused: I found some wheels on ebay ..that look exactly like stock 05 sts wheels but were on a 03-04 CTS..I know my seville is compatible with CTS 03-04 ??? any ideas

DarkMingBlueSTS
01-06-13, 09:20 PM
They are specific for front wheel drive or rear wheel drive but I don't know the exact reason why

----------

Isn't the older sts front wheel drive? Ours our rear wheel drive

MoistCabbage
01-06-13, 09:36 PM
If the offset, bolt pattern, and size are correct, the rim will fit. In most cases, FWD and RWD vehicles use very different offsets, not the case here. Rims aren't technically FWD/RWD specific, they don't know if the car is FWD or RWD.

The Seville and CTS used the same rim (chrome on the Seville, polished on the CTS).

The fact that the (RWD) STS rims were on the CTS, means that they'll fit your Seville (if you didn't believe the rest of my post ;) )

DarkMingBlueSTS
01-06-13, 09:39 PM
If the offset, bolt pattern, and size are correct, the rim will fit. In most cases, FWD and RWD vehicles use very different offsets, not the case here. Rims aren't technically FWD/RWD specific, they don't know if the car is FWD or RWD.

The Seville and CTS used the same rim (chrome on the Seville, polished on the CTS).

The fact that the (RWD) STS rims were on the CTS, means that they'll fit your Seville (if you didn't believe the rest of my post ;) )

Well there ya go fast^

fastseville
01-06-13, 09:46 PM
thanks again-moistcabbage..that makes sense.:thumbsup:..I was 75% sure that they'd fit ..Just didnt wanna jump the gun and make an offer til I was certain they'd fit.....