: Broke The Crankshaft !!!

Stoneage_Caddy
12-27-04, 01:41 PM
HEHEHE ...sorry guys , the caddy is just fine ......Shes enjoying her new parts and clean throttle body that i took care of yesterday...

But the Bike However is another story ......Got a new type of cltuch for it and attemtped the install . The old clutch is pressed onto the crankshaft . So out came the Small Block Chevy harmonic balancer puller. Got some bolts in it and proceeded to pull the little bastard off. Well the balancer puller got caught and i didnt realize it till i heard a big SNAP....Damned cranks busted.....

But now i finnaly got an exucse to go out and buy the bore and stroke kit ....

Moral of the story , use the right tool for the job......

2 weeks from now i should be able to post pics of this little bastard doing a burn out .....

RBraczyk
12-27-04, 01:56 PM
You bastard, you had me scared for a while there. I got some new high res. pics of the blazer. Hopefully should post em soon.

Stoneage_Caddy
12-27-04, 02:04 PM
yes K5 pics are good .....

caddy turned out to be quite a mess yesterday when i went in there to fix the oil cooler lines....Found 2 Major Vaccum leaks where stuff was ripped out to do the tranny. One of which fed the HVAC stuff in the dash . Was too lazy till yesterday to find out why the defrost/vents got all confused at stoplights ....Also the fuel injection lines were not tied down and were free to rattle around down there so tied those up too. Found one more loose bolt and one bolt that was placed in that was a stanrd size bolt instead of metric . Hopefully the oil leak goes away now that the oil lines are stabilized with the bracket assembly i had to order, if not then ill swap out the O rings next weekend .

Want it done right , do it yourself.....Seems 95% of mechaincs do not live up to my standards ....If this was the military i would have failed this vehicle on quality inspection and had the cheif ball the mechanic out....

Reminds me i need to call the beatter business bureau

Edit : She runs nicely witht he clean throttle body, found alot of gunk i missed a year ago cleaning it (had someone around to hold the gas pedal down for me this time)

RBraczyk
12-27-04, 02:10 PM
Hows the weather down there? Its wayyy too damn cold to get out there and do work on the truck here. Wanna get a few things done, change my parking bulbs and low beams, etc.

Oh yea, I got a new mirror finally. Took me a week to notice my dad had had it replaced.

Stoneage_Caddy
12-27-04, 02:18 PM
weather has been aweful for florida standards .....

Got dad a weather station for X mas ...we put it's sesnors and sending unit outside that night and it began to retrive data ....We got a hell of a storm that night , and for soem reason its last reading was a 55mph wind gust(TV Station confirmed this). Now for some reason it doesnt work anymore (it has the ability to read a 111 mph wind) all weekend it was like 40 degrees, windy and rainy. what a miserable weekend weather wise. Good thing i had a garage to work inside of. Wanted to ride the bike and tune its new carberator but it was so rainy i decided to put the clutch in...bad idea.....

RBraczyk
12-27-04, 02:36 PM
Now you gotta yank the motor and take it apart, have a good time with that.

Stoneage_Caddy
12-27-04, 02:54 PM
always do , pretty easy job , had to pull the engine out to get the upgraded exaust on it ...pretty much anything i need to do to it involves pulling the engine out ...

bad part is i dont have torque specs for any of the bolts ......

evilrussian
12-27-04, 07:03 PM
Want it done right , do it yourself.....Seems 95% of mechaincs do not live up to my standards ....If this was the military i would have failed this vehicle on quality inspection and had the cheif ball the mechanic out....

Tell me 'bout it! Let me correct you that 98.9% mechanics do not live up to the standards, and about 99.9% just don't give a shit! I've worked on cars for a living and I've lost all the respect for pretty much all of them out there. Maybe I'm being too harsh, but it's only personal experience :( That is why I am slowly trying to learn every single trade that has something to do with automobiles, so I can only rely only on MYSELF! Whether it's body work, transmission or anything welding e.t.c. Seems like every time I trusted someone else to do ANY work they managed to f*ck up one way or another. Even if I say "to take their time" or "money is no object" still doesnt make any difference :banghead: I just cannot stand to go back and ask or frigging yell to make 'em get right! :rant2:
Sorry I rambled on for so long, prolly even hijacked your thread. Forgive me, just had to get it out.

RBraczyk
12-27-04, 07:24 PM
Lets see if this pic works
http://www.freepichosting.com/Albums/421588887/0.html

evilrussian
12-27-04, 07:32 PM
Lets see if this pic works
http://www.freepichosting.com/Albums/421588887/0.html
Apparently it didn't. Make sure it's urlpath/filename.jpg extention at the end, not an html.

Stoneage_Caddy
12-28-04, 05:19 PM
Tell me 'bout it! Let me correct you that 98.9% mechanics do not live up to the standards, and about 99.9% just don't give a shit! I've worked on cars for a living and I've lost all the respect for pretty much all of them out there. Maybe I'm being too harsh, but it's only personal experience :( That is why I am slowly trying to learn every single trade that has something to do with automobiles, so I can only rely only on MYSELF! Whether it's body work, transmission or anything welding e.t.c. Seems like every time I trusted someone else to do ANY work they managed to f*ck up one way or another. Even if I say "to take their time" or "money is no object" still doesnt make any difference :banghead: I just cannot stand to go back and ask or frigging yell to make 'em get right! :rant2:
Sorry I rambled on for so long, prolly even hijacked your thread. Forgive me, just had to get it out.

i tought myself how to do just about everything outside major body work (the airforce taught me diesel). My problem is im nothing without my old $8500 toolbox ....and a shop ....the unlimited rescources of the airforce spoiled me ...Looked at that tranny and knew i couldnt do it without all my tranny rebuliding tools and stuff ....

nowadays i can tackle alot of stuff but i only have a 500 dollar craftsman set i built ...so im limited in what i can do ....and i wont go back to working on cars for a living . When i did that stuff (out side the military) there was times you couldnt do the job right , cheap customers , working on comission , and demanding management really gets in the way of doing quality work. I do this stuff for a hobby now , it may take me 3 hours to do very simple preventivte maintence but i know the jobs done right and my ulcers and back arent sore either.....