: Question about origanal paper work....

Night Wolf
12-27-04, 01:14 PM
I have the origanal paper work to my '79.... well, not bill of sale and stuff, but the window sticker etc...

... the window sticker is turning brownish from time, and has some creases in it from where it has been folded....

What shoudl I do to preseve it? I was thinking about bringing it to a local photo place, and they can make it look like new, and make a copy of it... then I will store the origanal away somewhere, and keep the nice copy with the car....

or I was thinking about having the origanal laminated.... but, then that would kinda ruin it.... as it is now though, it'll fall apart in the next couple of years if I leave it alone etc...

what would the best thing be?

Msilva954
12-27-04, 04:01 PM
Im goin through the same exact thing with the 92......I know it doesnt add value but it does to me....I tried scanning it but it was too big so im thinkin of taking it to a Kinkos and saving it as an image.....then photo editing it at home, completing it by putting it to scale on a photo paper...I really dont wanna lamanate the original but I may...

There is a company that reproduces them but im not sure of the name.

majax
12-27-04, 06:17 PM
Unless you want to buy a no oxygen blah blah blah air tight display I guess laminating it is the cheapest way to go.here I found this for you...
http://www.pastpapertreasures.com/preserve.htm

Night Wolf
12-27-04, 08:48 PM
Whatever temperature you choose, however, be consistent. Temperature flucuations undermine the life of paper and weaken its fibers.

LOL

what about keeping it foleded up in the origanal vinyl paper work holder (also showing age) int he glove box with tempretures reaching 110* in the summer and -10* in the winter?

I am look looking to preserve this window sticker forever.... but any time I take it out and look at it... it is just that much more fragile....

I do like to take it out, becuase alot of people are surprised I even have it, let alone it's condition.... they like to see the cost of it, and the options... where the car was delivered etc....

Maybe tomorrow I'll take a ride to the local photo place, I'll have them touch it up with the computer then print out a nice color photo or something.. then I'll keep that with the car and the origanal will be in my security box along with the titles etc... seems like the best idea...

Ok, now what about preserving an origanal 8-track tape, still in plastic shrink wrap? :)

majax
12-27-04, 09:32 PM
My dads '87 Eldorado had the a owners manual on cassette I am assuming yours has a copy of it on A track. Our cassette said GoldKey on it but I never really listened to it not caring much about cars at that age.

Here is what I would do...

1)get a good copy of the window papers for people to look at
2)get nice box for the window papers and UNFOLD THEM and then set them inside and stow in your closet.
3)put teh A track in the same box and make a copy of it if you can.

where your signature go?