: Foot well lights

ctsten
01-06-13, 01:41 AM
Has anyone made the footwell lights running lights? I'm assuming this wouldn't be a real easy project but I'm just curious.

danoh123
01-06-13, 07:39 AM
Do you mean the lights on the side door or do you mean the lights where brake and accelerator are?

ctsten
01-06-13, 10:11 AM
Where the pedals are

C "T" ess
01-06-13, 12:56 PM
Has anyone made the footwell lights running lights? I'm assuming this wouldn't be a real easy project but I'm just curious.
I'm not certain what you are asking. Your luxury model should have the foot well lights, but what are running lights you refer to?

ctsten
01-06-13, 02:56 PM
When I say running lights, I mean that I want them always on (running) when my interior accent lighting is on

C "T" ess
01-07-13, 01:09 PM
Mine are always on by default when ever the interior lights are on. They do't give of a lot of light but at night you can see the if you put a piece of white paper under the dash. Have you checked the dimmer switch on the IP to see if it's turned up all of the way. Other than that, I can't imagine why they would not be on.

ctsten
01-07-13, 07:22 PM
Mine only light up when the door is opened.. I would like them to be controlled by the same interior light dimmer on the instrument panel that you are talking about. That knob only controls the actual display and the trim on the dash. Any ideas on how I would have to re-wire to make this possible, if at all?

ajazolino
01-09-13, 10:30 AM
He doesn't have the footwell ambient lighting, which I do, so I know what u are referring to. There is the ambient light that stays on all the time, then there are the interior lights in the footwells also. I have never heard of anyone re wiring them to stay on though

ctsten
01-09-13, 11:00 AM
Ok. Just wondering. I thought it might add a nice look to the inside. I might come back to this later and see what needs to be done to make this happen. Thanks.