: Temperature Settings And Remote Start

cannon1017
01-05-13, 10:18 PM
Is there any way to pre-set the temperature settings so that when using the remote start, either through the fob or the app, so that a specific temperature or heated/cooled seat setting can be set? The manual just indicates that the temperatures are set based on the ambient temperature. This is a question that never came up with my first car, a 1967 Ford Falcon.

adamjeeps
01-06-13, 09:31 AM
I don't have an SRX yet but on my Avalanche the heat and seats stay on full blast until you put the key in. This is even when I have the auto temp set to 72. In other words, it was hotter than 72 and the heat cut way down when getting ready to drive.

TheCaptain
01-06-13, 06:52 PM
There is no way. The HVAC will detect the outside temperature (via front temp sensor) and adjust its settings to blow full hot (once the engine reaches near operating temp) or full cold. As per what you select in the config menu will determine the seats being heated or ventilated upon start up, also at full level. (No adjustable settings on seat or HVAC level, they just go to full)

BriggZ
01-06-13, 09:10 PM
There is no way. The HVAC will detect the outside temperature (via front temp sensor) and adjust its settings to blow full hot (once the engine reaches near operating temp) or full cold. As per what you select in the config menu will determine the seats being heated or ventilated upon start up, also at full level. (No adjustable settings on seat or HVAC level, they just go to full)

A qualification statement is needed for the heated seats. Once selected in the Config mode, it may come on full but it does not heat as if you we're sitting in the seat. I speak from experience and the 12 SRX manual says 'The temperature performance of an unoccupied seat may be reduced. This is normal.' Need to manage ones expectations so it doesn't create another issue or concern that they are not working.

TheCaptain
01-07-13, 06:24 AM
Very true, without the seat compressed, the heat doesn't transfer as efficiently.