: Illuminated cup holders?

adamjeeps
01-05-13, 10:18 PM
Got kind of a silly question. We are considering buying a new 2012 SRX and I can't find if the cup holders are illuminated. If so what color? Thanks!

cannon1017
01-05-13, 11:10 PM
In my 2012 the cup holders are not illuminated.

phunter1
01-06-13, 01:16 AM
Not in mine either

adamjeeps
01-06-13, 10:32 AM
Dang that stinks. Thanks for the responses.

sube5186
01-06-13, 11:18 AM
Actually, they are illuminated. The illumination is not from a conventional "ring" light that some cup holders use. There's an overhead white light that illuminates the entire center console area. It's part of the ambient lighting system. The next time you're in the car in total darkness look up and you'll see the light. Cover it with your hand and you'll notice the center console area goes dark. It's a very subtle light that's easy to miss.

Sube

adamjeeps
01-06-13, 11:30 AM
Thanks Sube. I haven't got a chance to test drive it yet but I will make sure to look at the ambient lighting setup. The SRX I am looking at has the chrome tech wheels which I would try to trade out for a 2013 set.

Ponyman
01-06-13, 11:34 AM
Yeah, that would be a good trade. The 2013 wheels are better looking, and they are actually real chrome. If damaged they could probably be repaired, where the Chrome Techs are ruined. Of course the 2013 wheels are considerable more expensive, so be ready for the dealer to ask for some money if they are willing to trade. I was glad to see the chrome rims on our 2013. We were lucky with our 2010 that we never scratched one of the Chrome Techs, but we were also very careful. Good luck with your purchase and you will enjoy the car.

sube5186
01-06-13, 02:07 PM
Thanks Sube. I haven't got a chance to test drive it yet but I will make sure to look at the ambient lighting setup. The SRX I am looking at has the chrome tech wheels which I would try to trade out for a 2013 set.

Just be aware of the fact that you won't see the light unless the interior is totally dark. Even at night with other lighting, such as street lights, it's not noticeable.

Sube