: Sunroof Shade Won't Go Back

mivey4
01-05-13, 05:52 AM
Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue. My wife likes having the sunroof shade closed during the summer. Everything was working fine with the shade until one day I decided to let the shade back and it wouldn't move. I can still let the actual sunroof back to open and forward to close it, but the shade is stuck closed and simply won't budge.

I tried giving it a little nudge to see if it would get it going back, but nothing. At this point I am not certain if there is a fuse or something that I can fix to get it working again or not so I figured I'd seek some advise from this forum.

The local Dealership is telling me $160 bucks just to diagnose the problem. Hey, I know its a Caddy and there are associated costs but before I dish out $160 bucks for someone to diagnose a problem before they can tell me the cost to fix it; I'd rather explore my options to see if it's something I can fix myself.

Any advise is appreciated.

Thanks

bronik90
01-05-13, 09:12 AM
Performance mods? lol

X E Ryder
01-06-13, 12:14 PM
Check your related fuses, listed in your owner's manual, also see if the shade has gone beyond it's "track" and is just stuck on a "lip", open the sunroof and look both top and bottom - there are some spring loaded linkages and such there.

(mod should move this to general section really)

:)