: Is remote start supposed to turn on heated seats like DTS?

buckeyedad
01-04-13, 09:10 PM
my 2006 did this in winter. Must have been paired with temperature. I had a luxury III, but my xts is not platinum.

gohawks63
01-05-13, 12:41 AM
It does on the CTS, I would imagine it would on the XTS.

Cadjiek
01-05-13, 10:18 AM
Yes they do. But it has to be pretty cold in the car before they come on. My STS was like that too. Make sure when you go into SETTINGS that heated seats is checked. You can set up the rear defroster also if you want.

Onia
01-21-13, 11:07 PM
They do and they don't.

I reviewed it with my dealer and was told that the XTS Remote Start Auto Seat Heating/Cooling does work (when the auto option is selected in settings) when pretty cold/hot outside BUT without showing the little red dashes on the dashboard manual switch (which was the case on the STS and likely also on the DTS). It seems to me it works that way indeed (although I'm still testing). Notwithstanding that, I wonder how I would be able to turn the heating or cooling off manually say two minutes after the remote start?

Any other experience out there?

CDN XTS
01-21-13, 11:22 PM
see
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-user-experience-cue/279262-memory-not-saving-setup-seat-pos.html
for more info

gohawks63
01-22-13, 12:24 AM
They do on my '12 CTS, although the temp has to be pretty cold. My CTS also turns on the defroster and the defogger a. I would imagine the STS should do all of that as well.

brock123
01-23-13, 09:04 PM
Can confirm it's -20 degrees celsius where i live and heated seats and steering wheel have never come on (loving the heated stearing wheel though even more than seats! Great feature and warms up super fast) Would be nice if the remote start always defaulted to full defrost because i'm lazy about scraping the windshield :)