: Mine!

tonilaura
01-04-13, 07:32 PM
I have a 2001 Catera. All mine and I love it. I have made two cross country trips and believe me, no problems. In Texas, I received a warning ticket for doing 90 in an eighty mile zone, I-10. Love all, alarm, telephone, etc. but when Caddy went digital, lost all, even the car alarm. I havebeen trying since to find someone who could at least reactivate the alarm. No luck. Yet, but if someone knows how to have the alarm turnned back on, appreciated it. Tried Cadillac, no knowledge there. This isn't my first Caddy. Had three others, De Villa's all used but this was my first new Caddy. Even took them overseas when we were deployed.

MoistCabbage
01-04-13, 08:03 PM
Are you referring to the switch from analog to digital OnStar? That would have nothing to do with your factory alarm.

investor74
01-04-13, 08:11 PM
Wow, you are lucky. In many states, if you are caught going over 80, they will take away your license.

I've had my Catera since new in November 1996. Like having another old timer here, so many first time posts are from guys who just bought their Cateras a couple days ago.

From what I read, the folks who had the analog Onstar are just plain out of luck. My Catera arms the security as soon as I lock it. Nice to know, though, that you are worried your Catera will be stolen! :bouncy:. Many member here think they are junk! :histeric: