: Slow start

LynnF
01-04-13, 05:12 PM
Me again. Living in Eastern Canada it's not unusual for it to be cold. We've had a few days of -20C. When I start the SRX with the remote its been grinding. It starts after it runs the first time, I start it again with the remote and it starts right up.
Could it be the gas? The remote?

TheCaptain
01-04-13, 05:41 PM
What has been grinding? The starter?

When mine's been sitting in the cold (usually below -15 i notice it) it takes a couple more seconds for the engine to fire, so it cranks for a bit longer. Nothing that I worry about.

LynnF
01-22-13, 02:35 PM
Hi Captain----she grinds and grinds and grinds in cold weather. This is the third winter and she's never done it before. I'm thinking the gas isn't getting to where it needs to go? After the first time starting, it's fine after that, until the next day.

hawkowl
01-22-13, 07:31 PM
No issues with that here in northern MN....even this morning, when the temperature was -35 F

TheCaptain
01-22-13, 08:27 PM
Well, if it is grinding. Definitely take it in to get serviced.

LynnF
01-23-13, 10:44 AM
Yes. Thanks. -23C here......she almost didn't start manually. I'll take it in to the dealer.

Cadillac Cust Svc
01-23-13, 02:16 PM
LynnF, I wanted to let you know GM of Canada's contact information if you have lingering concerns after taking it to your dealer. The Customer Service team nearest you is in the best position to assist, and I found the following contact information on your behalf: http://www.gm.ca/gm/english/corporate/about/contactus/overview.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

Cadillacyakyak
01-26-13, 06:42 PM
Lynn,

It's more likely to be a weak battery than anything mechanical be sure the dealer load tests the battey.

LynnF
02-01-13, 03:43 PM
Thanks everyone. Turns out I needed to replace the "secondary" fuel pump. Luckily still under warranty.

----------

Thank you Katie. I had it in today and I need a new secondary fuel pump.

Cadillac Cust Svc
02-04-13, 11:47 AM
Thank you for posting your dealer's resolution, LynnF! I appreciate that you posted it for the community's benefit, and please let us know if you have any additional questions or updates in the future.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service