: Help with cleaning please...

stealth97
01-04-13, 05:22 PM
One of my sons spilled some milk on the carpet of the backseat. Unfortunately, didn't notice until a few days later. Tried to clean it up as best as could but left a really foul odor. I took it to be shampooed, but it didn't help. I read up online about baking soda. It seemed to help a little, but does anyone have any suggestions? I also read about white vinegar soaking up the odor, but I'm concerned about what kind of a smell it will leave. Has anyone tried it? Or has anyone experienced this and have a solution? Thanks in advance!

Ponyman
01-04-13, 08:28 PM
Maybe some Febreeze for the odor? For really tough spotsand stains, I have found Lifter 1 to be excellent. It is usually available at O'Reillys and Walmart.

Orange 5814
01-05-13, 12:59 AM
Try Folex. It's really great. Safe for kids and pets and you can get it at Home Depot. Good luck.

Cadillac Cust Svc
01-06-13, 07:45 PM
Stealth97, have you looked at the "Interior Care" section of your owners manual yet? Page 9-114 has specific instructions on how to clean the carpet of your SRX!

Your dealer also has products for cleaning the vehicle's interior, so you may want to check with them about the milk stain's odor. When cleaning the vehicle's interior, only use cleaners specifically designed for the surfaces that are being cleaned. Permanent damage can result from using cleaners on surfaces for which they were not intended. Apply the cleaner directly to the cleaning cloth to prevent over-spray. Remove any accidental over-spray from other surfaces immediately.

(Naturally, don't forget to maintain adequate ventilation by opening the vehicle's doors and windows!)

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

stealth97
01-09-13, 02:50 AM
Thanks everyone for your replies!