: Is this a Sport?

98Catera_2010
01-03-13, 01:18 PM
http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-2001-Cadillac-Catera-Sedan-W0QQAdIdZ424705263.

I'm always searching my locals ads to see what Cateras are for sale as i would love a 00, 01 Cat, sport and came across this. I'm pretty sure it's a sport because of the obvious wing on trunk and the silver trim around the stereo. It doesn't state it is. Any input?

elvin315
01-03-13, 02:29 PM
Absolutely.

CateraMV6
01-06-13, 01:38 PM
Only shady part is the cluster surround rings are not the same color as the bezel around the radio. Those should be the same color on the Sports. Otherwise it looks like a sport. Xenons, rear spoiler and interior.

I hope you get to take a look at it and tell us how you like it.

hgqguy
01-06-13, 05:05 PM
I do not think the car is a sport. If it is a sport they have changed the gauge cluster.

here is why I do not think it is a sport.... there is no sunroof!... I belive ALL sport package upgrades included the sport rims ( 17" 01-02), spoiler, sunroof, painted satin grill, and interior satin trim!

This car obviously has front end damage, as is very visable... Im thining... they had a sport for parts, and added the center trim aroudn the radio, replaced the front parts of the sport... possibly added wheels. maybe swaped the trunk.

I would not buy the car because if it is a sport is has wrong cluster, and so who knows the miles.. somone possibly scamming.. if its not s sport, its obviously been damaged and had a lotta so so repairs.. at least to the front.

That is my 2 cents.. i had an 00 silver sport. Im perfect working order.. i sold it 1 yr ago with 140K for 2700. mine had been repaired befor I owned it and no longer had correct grill, but I had the black sport interior.. that 100% was only available in the sport model.[COLOR="Silver"]

----------

One other thought... if it has black manual seats.. they are the sport seats.. and perhaps it is a true sport.. If it has black power seats.. they where not available in the sport.. only stone power seats, or black manual seats.

gvjv3
01-12-13, 02:40 PM
this is not a sport but sure looks nice, I call it my bling bling car:lildevil:

JohnJJO
01-18-13, 12:00 AM
yo it is a sport!!!!. look at "S" on transmission clutch! it is sport. just like mine, with out sunroof

gvjv3
01-18-13, 01:21 PM
thanks but its not, all models have the S on the stick for sport transmission mode but sport model no. oh I have a sunroof, just cant see it in the pictures, I believe that the years 2000 and 2001 only have sports models