: Drivers Door Not Unlocking with key FOB

Tmcenery
01-03-13, 01:07 PM
2005 STS

First time posting but I have benefited a great deal (and saved a lot of $) reading this forum - Thanks!

Anyways, I was hoping someone can advise on my most recent troubles. When I attempt to open my drivers-side door (with my key FOB in my pocket), the drivers door will not unlatch. All of the other doors unlock but for some reason, the drivers door will not. The key FOB has new batteries and the car still recognizes the FOB. Exiting the vehicle is not a problem. I am currently stuck manually using my key to open the drivers door. I assume this is some sort of sensor but I was hoping someone here might have an idea how to fix this... I would really like to avoid the cost of bringing my car to the dealer.

Thanks!

1BadCadSTS
01-03-13, 01:19 PM
If the other doors open by pulling the handle the actuator which pops the door has failed and needs replaced

Cadillac Cust Svc
01-03-13, 03:08 PM
Welcome to the forum, Tmcenery! As a Customer Service representative, I'm not able to provide much in the way of do-it-yourself information. However, I'm happy to see you're already receiving feedback from the forum. If you have any questions about recalls or warranty information, or wanted assistance in locating and working with a dealership, email me anytime at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

dannyquest
01-03-13, 11:35 PM
Tmcenert, My 06 STS did the same thing, Simple. Driver door micro switch. located in driver door. Call Rippy Cadillac dealer located on Cadillac fourm. They will give fourm members a discount. There is direction with pics on the STS fourm. Cost about $85. with shipping. Danny

caddyvirgin
01-04-13, 09:35 AM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-sts-forum-2005-through-2012/213539-help-front-doors-wont-open.html

great link

----------

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-sts-forum-2005-through-2012/213539-help-front-doors-wont-open.html

great link