: CUE Question

ArubaKid
01-03-13, 01:21 AM
I asked the following question on the regular XTS forum. 156 people viewed the post, and nobody offered an answer. Can you? The question:

One of the training videos says that there can be up to 5 pages of apps on the center stack screen and up to 8 apps per page. What app icons can be placed there and where do they come from?

On an iPad you can acquire apps from the apps store, but where do you get them for the center stack display on the XTS?

Thanks for helping.

codeman71
01-03-13, 10:27 AM
Right now, we do not have any additional apps that can be downloaded, but this is planned for future feature enhancement. So right now, the only thing you can do is just rearrange the current icons between the different pages, but no additional apps to load just yet, but stay tuned!

ArubaKid
01-03-13, 12:30 PM
Right now, we do not have any additional apps that can be downloaded, but this is planned for future feature enhancement. So right now, the only thing you can do is just rearrange the current icons between the different pages, but no additional apps to load just yet, but stay tuned!

OK, that clears up the current situation. Thanks for your response. In the future, HOW will apps be communicated to the vehicle? From the internet, somehow? From On Star? From software updates? I'm just wondering...

RippyPartsDept
01-03-13, 01:03 PM
i think they have said that there will be a website and you will be able to download system updates and apps onto a usb thumbdrive and transfer them over to the car via the usb thumbdrive

pushing data through onstar would cost way too much

ArubaKid
01-03-13, 02:31 PM
Thumbdrive transfer would be great. Thanks for the info.