: Hello from Florida!

pkbw
12-26-04, 05:53 PM
I am Peter and I have just joined the site. Owner of a '97 Cadillac Deville. First time caddy owner andnot very knowledgeable. The traction control indicator is constantly on and also the ABS indicator. Do I have a big problem here?

DMC783
12-26-04, 06:11 PM
It's most likely a wheel speed sensor. since the abs and traction control data circuits are one in the same,both lights come on.Have your mechanic scan the system for DTC's.

elwesso
12-26-04, 10:46 PM
Welcome aboard... Thanks for signing up :wave:

you can scan the codes yourself... Or easier go to the autozone and have them scan them (for free)

Stoneage_Caddy
12-26-04, 11:05 PM
push (and hold) "off" and "warmer" on your climate controll with the key in the "run position ...the dash will display codes such as P1399..after its done doing that it will then display a few items that will hopefully say like "no rss code","no sir codes" after a few of those it will then say "pcm?" or something like that ..dont worry about it its just a question of the car asking you "would you like to see how im doing in running your engine?"

you most want to write down any codes that pop up dureing this like the example i gave you , the codes will start with the letters b,c,p or u ...which will have a 4 didgit number after the letter

then go here and it will give you what the codes mean
http://myweb.accessus.net/~090/dtcobd2.html

Showgun
12-27-04, 02:44 PM
Welcome to the board! Enjoy your stay.

CADDYBLACK99
12-27-04, 06:22 PM
Welcome!

Thanks for signing up with us! I see that other members have pointed you in the right direction with your code question. Good luck!
:welcome:
Paul