: Big issues

B1n2fra
01-01-13, 11:54 PM
Left the light on in the car and I needed a jump start. I jumped started the car and the traction light abs light and brake light came on along with the messages limited to 80 mph service suspension system and radar cruise not ready. Also the steering wheel is stiff as if no power steering. Wtf is going on. What could the problem be. Please help.

dkozloski
01-02-13, 12:06 AM
Left the light on in the car and I needed a jump start. I jumped started the car and the traction light abs light and brake light came on along with the messages limited to 80 mph service suspension system and radar cruise not ready. Also the steering wheel is stiff as if no power steering. Wtf is going on. What could the problem be. Please help.
Reboot all the little computers.....
Disconnect the leads from the battery.
Touch the battery cables together.
Reconnect the leads to the battery.
Enjoy.

B1n2fra
01-02-13, 12:10 AM
Reboot all the little computers.....
Disconnect the leads from the battery.
Touch the battery cables together.
Reconnect the leads to the battery.
Enjoy.

Will this work for sure. I'll try while I'm changing out my battery. Gotta go pick one up in the morning.

ddalder
01-02-13, 12:52 AM
That may work, but I'm not convinced leaving the light on was the root cause of your problem. These cars have a feature built in that it will automatically shut down any lights that were left on, along with other vehicle functions after a short period of time (usually about 10 minutes) or when the battery voltage drops below a preset level. It isn't possible to kill your battery by leaving an interior light on and walking away. Likely, you had a weak battery to begin with. This could also explain the other problems you're having.

B1n2fra
01-02-13, 02:36 AM
Yes my battery was already weak I just made it worst by leaving the damn light on. And yes I know about the auto cut off feature. At work a girl with a newer Benz left her lights on and I was surprised that her car does not have the auto cut off feature. I would think all newer cars would have this kind of feature especially a Benz.

B1n2fra
01-02-13, 12:07 PM
After letting the car sit over night everything reset itself and all is good for now. Hope nothing acts coo coo when I swap out this battery.

Cadillac Cust Svc
01-02-13, 03:26 PM
Glad to hear that with a good night's rest your STS is doing well. ;) Keep us posted on how the battery swap goes.

Sarah (Assisting Katie), Cadillac Customer Service