: 2006 sts v

1srx1ext
01-01-13, 10:14 PM
looking at a 2006 sts v to purchase has 8o,ooo miles on it what are the weak points to look for

Cadillac Cust Svc
01-02-13, 10:47 AM
1srx1ext,

If you had wanted for us to get you vehicle build information on the STS-V you're considering, we can do that. Please send us the last 8 digits of your VIN and request to us either by private message on the forum or email (katie_lucille@gmexpert.com).

Sarah (Assisting Katie), Cadillac Customer Service

bjherron123
01-02-13, 11:28 AM
I haven't owned mine that long, but so far I have had issues with the wheel bearings, rear LED tail lights, and catalytic converters. I have 36K miles.

make sure it's not leaking oil, others have reported rear engine seal leaks.

Brian

ChurchSTSV
01-02-13, 12:57 PM
Mine has 64k on it and i have the following issues:

Driver lumbar no workie
Gas gauge has a mind of its own
Power steering whines. (Might just be low on fluid, but i am lazy. LOL)

Other than those, it is problem free. Havent had any problems that i have read on the forums.

*knocks on wood

bjherron123
01-02-13, 12:59 PM
yea, my power steering whines too. I took it to the dealer, but they said they couldn't find anything wrong. since it's new to me, I just figured that's normal.

Cadillac Cust Svc
01-03-13, 12:05 PM
To those who are having some troubles with your STS-Vs,

We're available to assist in working with a dealership, or answer any recall or warranty questions you may have. Please don't hesitate to contact us either via private message or email (katie_lucille@gmexpert.com) with any inquiries (include your name, contact information, and the last 8 of your VIN).

Sarah (Assisting Katie), Cadillac Customer Service