Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Seat heaters / remote start - 2010 SRX

3K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  TheCaptain 
#1 ·
Help!
I have so 2010 srx with the premium package. How do I make the seat heaters go on with the remote start?
Thanks

#8 ·
I have a 2012 and have also questioned whether the heated seats are coming on with the remote start. According to the 12 manual you must enable them using the vehicle personalization menu or Config button. Also the heated seat lights do not annunciate as stated in the manual. The manual goes on to say 'The temperature performance of an unoccupied seat may be reduced. This is normal.' I agree with that statement as I used the OnStar remote start while in the movie theater the other day and the car was on for about 7-8 minutes. The car was nice and warm but the seats were not as warm as I expected.

#9 ·
So for the most part, they really don't work as expected. If an unoccupied seat doesn't heat up that much, there's no effectiveness to this. I wish the seat heater controls would work on memory. Like if you leave 1 on and turn off the car, when restarted it came back on as before. this would be helpful. The same goes for the steering wheel heater, although that gets going pretty fast.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.