: TCM tune help

ajazolino
12-31-12, 12:48 AM
So I have the trifecta tune, and I want to tweak the TCM tune, I want to change when the car shifts gears, into more of a performance mode than it is. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to change the shift points to? I've been told this engine produces the most power at around 6500 RPM, so I should have it shift there at WOT. Any help from those who have the tune would be greatly appreciated. Or even anyone with more knowledge than myself

Thanks.

ajazolino
01-01-13, 10:19 AM
No one?

Pdabs
01-01-13, 11:19 AM
Only thing I can suggest is contacting trifecta and asking them for a more sporty shift??? Did you try that.
I'd assume they are professionals and designed it as safe and as sporty as possible so tweaking it more especially by someone who doesn't appear like they know a lot about tuning (no offense) isn't the best idea.

wait4me
01-08-13, 02:17 PM
What software are you using? In EFIlive, you can just make the exact changes you want and then flash it in. email me if you cant figure it out.

ajazolino
01-08-13, 02:22 PM
I'm using EZflash. I just emailed you as
Well.

X E Ryder
01-09-13, 10:27 PM
So I have the trifecta tune, and I want to tweak the TCM tune, I want to change when the car shifts gears, into more of a performance mode than it is. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to change the shift points to? I've been told this engine produces the most power at around 6500 RPM, so I should have it shift there at WOT. Any help from those who have the tune would be greatly appreciated. Or even anyone with more knowledge than myself

Thanks.

Typically to realize peak power, you want to set shift-points 200 Rpm higher than peak output rpm.

Make sure your Rev Limit is at least 200 rpm higher than your Shift Point or you will bounce all over the limiter and/or have erratic shifts!